just-style authors and correspondents
Katy Askew has over five years of experience writing for consumer and business titles. She has contributed to print, online and radio publications and worked across a variety of formats, including newspapers, magazines and websites.
Katy, who is the deputy editor of just-style's sister title, just-food, has specialised in writing for the FMCG sector for the past four years, during which time she has interviewed top international executives and covered a range of topics from financial updates and M&A to sustainability and safety issues.
Having completed her BA at the University of Sussex and postgraduate studies at Simon Fraser University, Katy began work as a travel and property journalist with Outbound Publications.
Articles by Katy Askew
UK retailer Tesco has confirmed that it will invest GBP85m (US$132m) to establish a multi-brand retail joint venture with Trent Ltd, part of the Tata Group, in India.
Asda, the UK supermarket arm of Wal-Mart, has confirmed it will be cutting head office jobs as part of a cost cutting drive.
US retail giant Wal-Mart will invest "close to" CAD500m (US$452.4m) this year to drive growth in Canada.
News Wal-Mart has lowered its full-year earnings forecast reflects more than the drag of store closures as it adjusts its international portfolio. The US retail giant is struggling to grow its top-line at home and lower fourth-quarter comparable domestic sales suggest it failed to capitalise on the data breach scandal that hit key competitor Target Corp., Katy Askew suggests.
French retail giant Carrefour has booked an increase in first-half profits, boosted by a strong rebound in profitability at its domestic business.
UK retailer Tesco and China Resources Enterprise (CRE) have confirmed they are in exclusive talks to combine their Chinese retail operations in a move the companies claimed would create "the leading multi-format retailer" in the country.
French retail giant Carrefour has booked a decline in first-quarter sales after foreign exchange offset growth in emerging markets and a "resilient" domestic performance.
India's proposed reform of foreign direct investment regulations, which would open the country's multi-brand retail sector up to international players, will move to its Upper House after being voted through its lower legislative chamber.
Tesco has confirmed details of its planned withdrawal from the Japanese market, which was initially announced last year.
Sainsbury's booked a jump in fourth-quarter sales this morning (21 March) as its own-label proposition, marketing initiatives and expansion as a multi-channel retailer helped it gain market share.
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- US apparel import data shows China competitiveness
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Critical findings identified at Bangladesh complex
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey