just-style authors and correspondents
Katy Askew has over five years of experience writing for consumer and business titles. She has contributed to print, online and radio publications and worked across a variety of formats, including newspapers, magazines and websites.
Katy, who is the deputy editor of just-style's sister title, just-food, has specialised in writing for the FMCG sector for the past four years, during which time she has interviewed top international executives and covered a range of topics from financial updates and M&A to sustainability and safety issues.
Having completed her BA at the University of Sussex and postgraduate studies at Simon Fraser University, Katy began work as a travel and property journalist with Outbound Publications.
Articles by Katy Askew
UK retailer Tesco has confirmed that it will invest GBP85m (US$132m) to establish a multi-brand retail joint venture with Trent Ltd, part of the Tata Group, in India.
Asda, the UK supermarket arm of Wal-Mart, has confirmed it will be cutting head office jobs as part of a cost cutting drive.
US retail giant Wal-Mart will invest "close to" CAD500m (US$452.4m) this year to drive growth in Canada.
News Wal-Mart has lowered its full-year earnings forecast reflects more than the drag of store closures as it adjusts its international portfolio. The US retail giant is struggling to grow its top-line at home and lower fourth-quarter comparable domestic sales suggest it failed to capitalise on the data breach scandal that hit key competitor Target Corp., Katy Askew suggests.
French retail giant Carrefour has booked an increase in first-half profits, boosted by a strong rebound in profitability at its domestic business.
UK retailer Tesco and China Resources Enterprise (CRE) have confirmed they are in exclusive talks to combine their Chinese retail operations in a move the companies claimed would create "the leading multi-format retailer" in the country.
French retail giant Carrefour has booked a decline in first-quarter sales after foreign exchange offset growth in emerging markets and a "resilient" domestic performance.
India's proposed reform of foreign direct investment regulations, which would open the country's multi-brand retail sector up to international players, will move to its Upper House after being voted through its lower legislative chamber.
Tesco has confirmed details of its planned withdrawal from the Japanese market, which was initially announced last year.
Sainsbury's booked a jump in fourth-quarter sales this morning (21 March) as its own-label proposition, marketing initiatives and expansion as a multi-channel retailer helped it gain market share.
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras