just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Kitty So
Fung Capital is investing in US-based Centric Software, a provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software to the apparel industry, helping the US company's expansion into Asia.
Experts have warned that clothing companies from developed countries who implement international ethical standards when investing in Myanmar/Burma will probably be competing with Asian companies who ignore such guidance.
Governments from European countries have used a session at the OECD Global Forum on Responsible Business Conduct to call on garment companies who sourced from the Rana Plaza factory complex in Bangladesh to fund compensation to victims of the building's collapse one year ago.
Apparel and textile companies must consider a variety of complex factors when looking to switch suppliers, especially to a new manufacturer. But software specifically geared towards the sector can help companies track these changes, anticipate issues, and integrate new suppliers within the supply chain.
As brands and retailers set higher production standards and create ever more complex supply chains, they need to consider all the risks when switching suppliers.
Despite brands' desire to monitor more operations, the fragmented organisation of standards around the world remains a key challenge.
With the need to check the safety of supply chains a growing concern, software providers are updating their products to help apparel and textile companies monitor their manufacturing and distribution partners.
Ahead of an expected explosion in demand for wood pulp-based fibres such as rayon and viscose, environmental groups are calling on apparel and textile firms to ensure they do not come from endangered forests. H&M and Inditex are the latest to update their sourcing commitments.
As safety inspections on more than 1,500 garment factories supplying a group of mainly European retailers get underway this week, just-style speaks with Brad Loewen, the top safety official overseeing the effort.
US budgets cutting development aid to Cambodia will not harm the Cambodian textile sector, its key industry association told just-style.
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- US apparel retailers' August 2014 sales roundup
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- TAL Group improves pre-production efficiency
- Philippines gets go-head for EU GSP+ benefits
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details