just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Kitty So
Fast fashion companies are facing greater pressures and more complex supply chains in developing products and getting them to stores quickly. Planning ahead to ensure quality, as well as having the flexibility to make swift decisions and changes, is key to success.
Sportswear innovators are focusing on growing demand for environmentally-friendly fibres and fabrics and lightweight materials that can keep sport consumers comfortable while optimising performance.
Apparel and textile companies worldwide are increasingly demanding lightweight wool for outdoor wear that can perform a variety of functions.
As functional finishes for textile products become increasingly effective and innovative, producers are looking for new ways to meet brands’ environmental concerns with ecologically friendly solutions.
Apparel producers face increasing options in digital design tools as software providers expand into new markets and offer more advanced and innovative features.
New solutions for digital showrooms and improvements in established services are opening up sale opportunities around the world for apparel producers, as well as smoother, more accurate digital shopping experiences for their customers.
Similar to trends in product lifecycle management (PLM) systems, developments in enterprise resource planning (ERP) for the apparel industry are currently focused on smaller changes improving specific functions.
Developers of product lifecycle management (PLM) systems for the apparel industry are continuing to offer a wider variety of mobile applications as well as improving their solutions in smaller, more detailed ways.
As reforms to China's cotton liberalisation policy start to kick in, world cotton prices are expected to better reflect market demand. However, experts are concerned that if prices continue to drop, governments in other countries might be encouraged to intervene and offer a guaranteed price to growers, causing renewed uncertainty.
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring tools and organisations helping to establish eco-friendly policies.
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Are apparel prices really rising?
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020