just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Kitty So
Clothing brands and manufacturers wanting to maximise their financial performance are being offered an increasingly varied and sophisticated array of software systems to guide their planning and operations.
Forward planning; managing supply chain partners well and staying on top of potential regional issues such as changes in weather or currency values can help apparel and textile companies avoid key supply chain disruptions such as out-of-stock situations, eroded margins and missed market opportunities.
Preparation, preparation and more preparation are key if brands and retailers are to reduce risks when shifting their sourcing to new countries and suppliers.
With fast fashion demands growing and China's costs rising, sourcing closer to home is a more commonly considered option for apparel brands and retailers.
Fast fashion companies are facing greater pressures and more complex supply chains in developing products and getting them to stores quickly. Planning ahead to ensure quality, as well as having the flexibility to make swift decisions and changes, is key to success.
Sportswear innovators are focusing on growing demand for environmentally-friendly fibres and fabrics and lightweight materials that can keep sport consumers comfortable while optimising performance.
Apparel and textile companies worldwide are increasingly demanding lightweight wool for outdoor wear that can perform a variety of functions.
As functional finishes for textile products become increasingly effective and innovative, producers are looking for new ways to meet brands’ environmental concerns with ecologically friendly solutions.
Apparel producers face increasing options in digital design tools as software providers expand into new markets and offer more advanced and innovative features.
New solutions for digital showrooms and improvements in established services are opening up sale opportunities around the world for apparel producers, as well as smoother, more accurate digital shopping experiences for their customers.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016