just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Leah Germain
US textile industry experts are urging the American government to step up and support the recent complaint filed by Mexico at the World Trade Organization (WTO) on Chinese industrial policy regarding the textile and clothing sector.
US textile industry experts are predicting a boost to the country's thread manufacturing sector following a reform to a loophole in the US-Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement (DR-CAFTA) that had left American producers vulnerable.
The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) has asked textile companies to propose new bio-based fabrics for inclusion in a special catalogue of products that receive preferred purchase considerations by all US federal agencies and contractors.
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has asked all US-based clothing and apparel manufacturers to report the new use of possibly harmful chemicals found in textile pigments and dyes.
New bilateral trade deals struck by the Obama administration with South Korea, Panama and Columbia should have a positive impact on the US textile and clothing sector, Francisco Sánchez, Under-Secretary of Commerce for International Trade, tells just-style.
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)