just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Leah Germain
US textile industry experts are urging the American government to step up and support the recent complaint filed by Mexico at the World Trade Organization (WTO) on Chinese industrial policy regarding the textile and clothing sector.
US textile industry experts are predicting a boost to the country's thread manufacturing sector following a reform to a loophole in the US-Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement (DR-CAFTA) that had left American producers vulnerable.
The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) has asked textile companies to propose new bio-based fabrics for inclusion in a special catalogue of products that receive preferred purchase considerations by all US federal agencies and contractors.
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has asked all US-based clothing and apparel manufacturers to report the new use of possibly harmful chemicals found in textile pigments and dyes.
New bilateral trade deals struck by the Obama administration with South Korea, Panama and Columbia should have a positive impact on the US textile and clothing sector, Francisco Sánchez, Under-Secretary of Commerce for International Trade, tells just-style.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam