just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Leah Germain
US textile industry experts are urging the American government to step up and support the recent complaint filed by Mexico at the World Trade Organization (WTO) on Chinese industrial policy regarding the textile and clothing sector.
US textile industry experts are predicting a boost to the country's thread manufacturing sector following a reform to a loophole in the US-Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement (DR-CAFTA) that had left American producers vulnerable.
The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) has asked textile companies to propose new bio-based fabrics for inclusion in a special catalogue of products that receive preferred purchase considerations by all US federal agencies and contractors.
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has asked all US-based clothing and apparel manufacturers to report the new use of possibly harmful chemicals found in textile pigments and dyes.
New bilateral trade deals struck by the Obama administration with South Korea, Panama and Columbia should have a positive impact on the US textile and clothing sector, Francisco Sánchez, Under-Secretary of Commerce for International Trade, tells just-style.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts