just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Leah Germain
US textile industry experts are urging the American government to step up and support the recent complaint filed by Mexico at the World Trade Organization (WTO) on Chinese industrial policy regarding the textile and clothing sector.
US textile industry experts are predicting a boost to the country's thread manufacturing sector following a reform to a loophole in the US-Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement (DR-CAFTA) that had left American producers vulnerable.
The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) has asked textile companies to propose new bio-based fabrics for inclusion in a special catalogue of products that receive preferred purchase considerations by all US federal agencies and contractors.
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has asked all US-based clothing and apparel manufacturers to report the new use of possibly harmful chemicals found in textile pigments and dyes.
New bilateral trade deals struck by the Obama administration with South Korea, Panama and Columbia should have a positive impact on the US textile and clothing sector, Francisco Sánchez, Under-Secretary of Commerce for International Trade, tells just-style.
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Will Brexit trigger rise in UK manufacturing?
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape