just-style authors and correspondents
Leonie Barrie joined just-style as managing editor 14 years ago, and during that time has been instrumental in steering the site's editorial content and direction. Under her leadership, just-style has raised its profile internationally, and today boasts a team of contributors around the world who provide a unique blend of up-to-the-minute news, research and analysis on the apparel and footwear industry and its supply chain.
An experienced business journalist with a background in fashion and textiles, Leonie has written extensively about global sourcing and production, technology, emerging markets, as well as retail, brand and marketing strategies. She has also interviewed industry leaders across the globe. As managing editor Leonie has travelled around the world to gain first-hand experience of the industry in various countries, and continues to deliver keynote speeches, chair roundtable and panel sessions at conferences, and write about the international apparel industry and the challenges and opportunities it faces.
Columns by Leonie Barrie
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
Articles by Leonie Barrie
The European Union’s controversial free trade agreement with Canada has been approved by the European Parliament, in a move that means the deal could apply provisionally from April 2017.
A group of nearly 100 European trade associations, including those representing textile, apparel and footwear manufacturers, is calling on the EU to implement an ambitious industrial strategy to create more jobs and growth.
The US economy got off to a strong start to the year, with almost every major US retail sector reporting higher sales in January, according to the latest government figures.
US President Donald Trump yesterday (15 February) told the chief executives of eight of America's largest retailers – including Gap Inc and Target Corp – that tax reform "is one of the best opportunities" to boost the nation’s economy.
President Donald Trump says he is looking at "tweaking" parts of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) pact with Canada, and that the focus of any changes would be on US trade with Mexico.
Controversial US proposals to tax all imports have mobilised some of America's largest retailers to head to Washington tomorrow (15 February), while the EU and other US trading partners are said to be planning a WTO challenge to the border tax plans.
The latest wearable textile technology from functional fabrics and performance textile specialist Schoeller Textil AG is a durable, heatable e-soft-shell material that can be flexibly cut to size.
Freudenberg Performance Materials has taken thermal insulation one step further with the development of a continuous padding made from interconnected fibreballs for use in sports and outdoor jackets.
What is thought to be the most extensive body size and measurement survey across the United States and Canada is underway to help retailers and brands improve their current sizing strategies and gain new insight into the population’s changing body shapes.
The UK’s high street retailers have just experienced their worst January sales in four years, according to new figures, with fashion retailers hit the hardest.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar