just-style authors and correspondents
Leonie Barrie joined just-style as managing editor 14 years ago, and during that time has been instrumental in steering the site's editorial content and direction. Under her leadership, just-style has raised its profile internationally, and today boasts a team of contributors around the world who provide a unique blend of up-to-the-minute news, research and analysis on the apparel and footwear industry and its supply chain.
An experienced business journalist with a background in fashion and textiles, Leonie has written extensively about global sourcing and production, technology, emerging markets, as well as retail, brand and marketing strategies. She has also interviewed industry leaders from across the globe. As managing editor Leonie has travelled around the world to gain first-hand experience of the industry in various countries, and continues to deliver keynote speeches, chair roundtable and panel sessions at conferences, and write about the international apparel industry and the challenges and opportunities it faces.
Columns by Leonie Barrie
just-style editor Leonie Barrie shares her thoughts on some of the top stories in the news.
Articles by Leonie Barrie
A review of the work carried out so far by the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety says the group has made "significant and laudable progress" over the past 12 months - but pulls no punches when it comes to the many challenges that still lie ahead.
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety is partnering with the US-based National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) to provide its member factories with information, guidance and access to fire safety training.
A textile dye maker in northwest China has been ordered to demolish its factory on the edge of the Tengger Desert after discharging waste water into one of the country's largest deserts for more than a decade.
American brand Bill Blass is readying for a relaunch as a global lifestyle brand Bill Blass under the leadership of its newly-named president and chief operating officer, Stuart Goldblatt.
The latest findings from an ongoing survey into the popularity of US athletic footwear and apparel brands suggest there has been a huge leap for Under Armour among female consumers.
New - albeit sketchy - details are starting to emerge on a draft cotton policy being trialled with Chinese cotton farmers in the region of Xinjiang, which will pay subsidies when the market price falls below a pre-set benchmark.
The Cotton made in Africa (CmiA) initiative designed to help African cotton farmers, generated licensing revenues of more than EUR1m (US$1.3m) for the first time last year, with more than 85,000 tons of cotton sold through the scheme.
Authorities in Bangladesh have been urged to start making plans to ensure building and fire safety in the ready-made garment industry is upheld once the current support from external stakeholders comes to an end.
Adriano Goldschmied, the creator of iconic denim lines Diesel, Replay and AG Adriano Goldschmied and adviser to many other denim brands, is joining the speaker line-up at the annual IAF World Fashion convention taking place later this month.
Outdoor lifestyle footwear and apparel brand Timberland is on track to grow revenues by $1.4bn over the next five years, parent company VF Corporation said today (17 September).
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details