just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Michael Fitzpatrick
Japanese fashion group Fast Retailing has told just-style it is sending 1,200 store manager candidates abroad by mid-2013 as part of a massive overseas expansion.
Japan’s top department store Sogo & Seibu Co is to open fast-fashion areas dedicated to Zara and other fast fashion leaders.
Fast Retailing Co has merged its large array of shoe brands under its Uniqlo umbrella aiming to make footwear the company's second-largest revenue source after apparel.
Japanese zipper maker YKK is to expand its apparel zipper plant in Bangladesh as part of its latest expansion plans.
Japanese exporters may be suffering from the historically high yen - which traded at a record JPY84 to the dollar this week - but for Japanese apparel importers and retailers it is a boom time.
Japanese textile maker Komatsu Seiren Co has announced the creation of a stretch knit fabric it claims is both breathable and windproof.
Forever 21 continues to cash on a wave of popularity in Japan announcing its expansion and its first suburban store outside of Tokyo.
Attracted by fast fashion's increasing dominance in Japan’s retail sector, Toshop has announced plans for a major new tranche of openings around the country.
Michael Kors will open its first 1,400-square-feet boutique on Tokyo’s upscale Omotesando avenue this September partnering with local Toshiaki Tashiro.
Fast Retailing, the operator of the Uniqlo retail chain, has unveiled a new strategy to create strong sub-brands based on product categories.
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects