just-style authors and correspondents
Michelle Russell brings to just-style a decade-long career as a journalist, with experience in both consumer and trade publications. As the site's deputy editor she writes news, comments and insight on the latest apparel industry issues, in the process interviewing and building relationships with many key figures. Particular interests include industry data, sustainability and the challenges related to supply chains.
Articles by Michelle Russell
Retailers need to prepare for a period of high volatility, is the message from analysts in the wake of Britain's vote to leave the European Union (EU), as businesses prepare to battle fragile consumer confidence and a prolonged period of political instability.
Terry Lundgren, the CEO of US department store retailer Macy's, is to step down after 13 years at the helm, making way for Jeff Gennette to transition into the role.
America's textile industry has lauded a decision by Congress to preserve critical requirements that required the Department of Defense (DOD) to buy US-made textiles, clothing, and footwear.
US clothing giant VF Corp has achieved LEED platinum certification for its international headquarters in Switzerland.
A website designed as a virtual buying and selling forum for premium fabrics could "revolutionise" traditional industry buying habits, its founders have said.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the sourcing trends and strategies of US fashion firms, Primark's continued expansion in the US, the top ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets, and barriers to remediation in Bangladesh's RMG sector.
UK retail giant Tesco has booked an increase in group sales in the first quarter, and offered an optimistic outlook thanks to ongoing efforts to rebuild profitability.
UK supermarket retailer Sainsbury's gained the biggest share of the country's clothing market in the last quarter thanks to its strategy of converting more space to clothing.
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety has suspended the operations of a further three factories for failing to make progress in addressing identified safety concerns.
Product lifecycle management (PLM) solution provider Centric Software has developed a field testing mobile app designed to help apparel and footwear companies track the usage and performance of prototypes and samples.
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)