just-style authors and correspondents
Starting out as a PA many moons ago, Michelle tired of the secretarial work and tried her hand at positions in marketing and production before moving to the Green Isle and taking up a role with a Dublin drinks distributor.
Three years later and Michelle decided to put her shorthand training and English degree to good use and return to the UK to train as a journalist.
She gained a grounding writing local news, moving on to become a features writer for a glossy consumer magazine before making the move into online journalism with Aroq.
As part of her role as news and insights editor on just-style, Michelle provides news, comment and features on all the latest apparel industry issues.
Articles by Michelle Russell
The battle between US retailer American Apparel and ousted CEO Dov Charney appears to be gaining momentum. As the saga continues, just-style will keep you up to date with developments through our timeline.
Chinese sportswear company Li Ning has issued a profit warning for its first-half, in part due to provisions for doubtful debt and legacy issues.
French promotional wear brand Sol's has become a member of the Fair Wear Foundation (FWF).
UK retailer Marks & Spencer is to enter Azerbaijan through franchise partner Alhokair Fashion Retail as part of plans to significantly grow its store portfolio in Saudi Arabia.
Burma, officially the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, is a sovereign state in Southeast Asia bordered by Laos, Thailand, China, Bangladesh, and India.
Gap Inc has revealed plans to launch in Slovenia and Austria as the apparel giant continues with its ongoing global expansion plans.
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has met with the Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (Petrovietnam) to discuss cooperation in the production and supply of polyester fibres to the textile industry.
Swimwear sales in the US grew 6% in the last 12 months thanks to the launch of more innovative products offering health benefits and enhanced comfort, new figures reveal.
Footwear retailer Daphne International Holdings has booked a slump in second-quarter sales as a result of store closures and poor weather conditions.
US clothing giant Kellwood Company has appointed industry veteran Marc Babins as president of its western region, with responsibility for the group's global supply chain.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change