just-style authors and correspondents
Starting out as a PA many moons ago, Michelle tired of the secretarial work and tried her hand at positions in marketing and production before moving to the Green Isle and taking up a role with a Dublin drinks distributor.
Three years later and Michelle decided to put her shorthand training and English degree to good use and return to the UK to train as a journalist.
She gained a grounding writing local news, moving on to become a features writer for a glossy consumer magazine before making the move into online journalism with Aroq.
As part of her role as news and insights editor on just-style, Michelle provides news, comment and features on all the latest apparel industry issues.
Articles by Michelle Russell
Clothing and footwear has become the most-purchased item online amongst UK consumers, new figures show, with women the keenest to click and shop.
Swedish apparel retailer H&M Hennes & Mauritz has booked an increase in revenues in the third quarter.
Ann Inc has once again moved to defend its position after investors have again urged the women's apparel group to explore strategic alternatives, including a sale of the company.
Macy's says it is seeing "tangible results" from its adoption of radio frequency identification (RFID) technology as the department store retailer looks to build its omnichannel capabilities.
Textile platform Re.Verso is to present a new, fully-integrated, supply chain system for apparel with a collection of eco-centric fabrics that are 100% Made in Italy, at an upcoming Paris show.
Fabric manufacturer PrimaLoft has developed a high performance down blend that it says is the next generation of apparel insulation.
US apparel maker Gildan Activewear has been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for a second consecutive year.
While global wool production for the 2014/2015 year is forecast to be at its lowest level for 70 years, its prospects for future growth are positive, according to a new report from just-style.
Stemming the tide of decline in the core has to be the priority for Tesco, analysts believe, after the UK retailer today (29 August) issued another profit warning and said incoming CEO Dave Lewis will take up his new role a month early.
The US and Myanmar are joining forces to develop an initiative designed to promote fundamental labour rights and practices in Myanmar.
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- US apparel retailers' August 2014 sales roundup
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details