just-style authors and correspondents
Michelle Russell brings to just-style a decade-long career as a journalist, with experience in both consumer and trade publications. As the site's deputy editor she writes news, comments and insight on the latest apparel industry issues, in the process interviewing and building relationships with many key figures. Particular interests include industry data, sustainability and the challenges related to supply chains.
Articles by Michelle Russell
The majority of large apparel brands are ignoring the "endemic" abuse of Syrian refugees in Turkish clothing factories supplying European retailers, a new report has found.
UK apparel brands including Dorothy Perkins, Evans and Miss Selfridge have become the latest members of a supply chain standards group that aims to standardise sourcing processes and drive efficiencies.
Advanced fibre-based materials, digitisation of manufacturing and supply chains, new sustainable and customer-centric business models and access to growth markets will shape the future of Europe's textile and fashion industries, a new research agenda states.
International Textile Group (ITG), owner of Burlington and Cone Denim, has been acquired by Platinum Equity through a completed merger with an affiliate of the private equity firm.
Mike Koppel, the finance chief of upscale US fashion retailer Nordstrom, has announced his retirement after 15 years in the role.
Syrian refugee children as young as ten years old have been found working in garment factories in Turkey making clothes for brands including Marks & Spencer and Asos, a television documentary claims.
A Chinese garment manufacturer that produces for brands including Adidas and Reebok is to set up of a new US$20m factory in North America.
Far Eastern New Century Corp (FENC), one of Tawian's leading textile conglomerates and a major supplier of recycled PET products for international brands, has been recognised by Adidas for its work in turning ocean plastic waste bottles into high performance fabrics.
Emanuel Chirico, chief executive of PVH Corp, and Richard Noll, chief executive of Hanesbrands, have both been named '2016 Responsible CEO of the Year' – with Chirico also picking up a Lifetime Achievement award.
The administrators of failed British department store retailer BHS have filed a High Court petition to wind up Retail Acquisitions, the chain's former owner, in a bid to track "millions of pounds" taken out of the business.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020