just-style authors and correspondents
Michelle Russell brings to just-style a decade-long career as a journalist, with experience in both consumer and trade publications. As the site's deputy editor she writes news, comments and insight on the latest apparel industry issues, in the process interviewing and building relationships with many key figures. Particular interests include industry data, sustainability and the challenges related to supply chains.
Articles by Michelle Russell
US retailer Kate Spade & Co. has revealed plans to close its Kate Spade Saturday and Jack Spade stores as it focuses long-term investment on its flagship Kate Spade New York brand.
Next’s head of men's wear design, Simon Hawksworth, is to join UK retailer Marks & Spencer in the same role.
US retail giant Gap Inc has made a number of key leadership changes that it hopes will intensify the brand’s customer focus, but will see the removal of creative director role Rebekka Bay.
H&M Hennes & Mauritz has acknowledged that pricing may have to fluctuate to reflect challenges created by the increasingly expensive US dollar, which is affecting sourcing costs for the Swedish apparel group.
US department store group Sears Holdings is to cut 115 corporate jobs, the majority at its head quarters in Illinois, as part of cost cutting efforts.
UK apparel retailer River Island is hoping to tap into further innovation in technology for its business through a partnership with retail and fashion accelerator TrueStart.
Retail behemoth Tesco has revealed the locations of the 43 unprofitable stores it is closing in the UK as part of CEO Dave Lewis's turnaround plan, putting 2,000 jobs at risk.
German fashion house Gerry Weber International has booked a mixed set of results for its full-year as flat sales failed to meet company expectations, but margins and earnings improved.
Materials science business PrimaLoft is to develop a line of performance knit textiles as part of a partnership with Mitsui Bussan Techno Products.
US fashion footwear and accessories specialist Steve Madden has purchased boot maker Blondo’s intellectual property assets from Regence Footwear and 3074153 Canada.
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Companies continue to call for US trade commitment
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead