just-style authors and correspondents
Michelle Russell brings to just-style a decade-long career as a journalist, with experience in both consumer and trade publications. As the site's deputy editor she writes news, comments and insight on the latest apparel industry issues, in the process interviewing and building relationships with many key figures. Particular interests include industry data, sustainability and the challenges related to supply chains.
Articles by Michelle Russell
US apparel business Perry Ellis International has assumed control of its men's bottom's and accessories businesses in Canada.
French luxury goods group Hermès is maintaining its sales guidance but has lowered its full-year operating profit outlook on the back of negative currency fluctuations.
British luxury brand Jimmy Choo has booked a “pleasing” first-half performance with double-digit retail sales growth and higher earnings.
Women's wear, lingerie and accessories retailer Etam Group has booked a mixed first-half as sales climbed but earnings and gross margin declined on increased European markdowns.
Gerber Technology has established a technical assistance and training programme in Mauritius, aimed at boosting the uptake of its software solutions for apparel pattern making.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has booked its first annual profit in four years, with the benefit of its efficiency measures expected to be seen over the course of the next fiscal.
Sportswear giant Adidas has filed a lawsuit against fast fashion chain Forever 21 in the US over infringement of its 'three-stripe' trademark.
The UK market for sportswear is expected to see considerable growth over the next five years to surpass GBP8bn (US$12.5bn) as the trend for athleisure rockets, a new report has forecast.
Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) is looking to encourage sustainable innovation by offering a EUR1m (US$1.1m) grant and access to an innovation accelerator as part of a new global awards programme.
Tumbling markets and economic uncertainty in China could deliver a tough blow to several specialty retail and apparel companies - with the biggest risks including China revenue exposure and a potentially slower economy driving lower consumer spending, one analyst has suggested.
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- New fabric protection with battlefield beginnings
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019