just-style authors and correspondents
Michelle Russell brings to just-style a decade-long career as a journalist, with experience in both consumer and trade publications. As the site's deputy editor she writes news, comments and insight on the latest apparel industry issues, in the process interviewing and building relationships with many key figures. Particular interests include industry data, sustainability and the challenges related to supply chains.
Articles by Michelle Russell
US fibre maker Invista and Austrian cellulosic fibre producer Lenzing Group have collaborated for a second time on a denim project.
UK fit specialist Alvanon has launched its latest academic fit and sizing tools that mimic the fit of lingerie and swimwear on real women.
US off-price fashion retailer Ross Stores has booked an increase in third-quarter earnings but has maintained a cautious outlook for the full year due to the uncertain economic environment.
Beleaguered business The Wet Seal has appointed company executive Thomas Hillebrandt to the role of interim chief financial officer.
Off-price fashion retailer Stein Mart has swung to a loss in its third-quarter but said it plans to open at least ten new stores and relocate two stores in 2015, in addition to closing two stores.
OrderWithMe, a retail innovation and inventory solutions company, has launched a new retail solution, completing its offering to brick-and-mortar retailers.
US denim specialist The Buckle has booked a mixed set of results in its third-quarter with sales growing but earnings remaining flat.
US retailer Cato Corporation has revealed third-quarter earnings and sales that exceeded the firm's guidance.
US apparel retailer The Children's Place has delivered third-quarter earnings at the high end of its guidance and remains confident on the fourth quarter.
US apparel retailer L Brands, formerly Limited Brands, has booked an increase in third-quarter earnings and sales but fourth-quarter EPS guidance has missed analyst forecasts.
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Coats launches new services business in Vietnam
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP