just-style authors and correspondents
Michelle Russell brings to just-style a decade-long career as a journalist, with experience in both consumer and trade publications. As the site's deputy editor she writes news, comments and insight on the latest apparel industry issues, in the process interviewing and building relationships with many key figures. Particular interests include industry data, sustainability and the challenges related to supply chains.
Articles by Michelle Russell
The UK Government is forcing retailers to play their part in helping eradicate slavery and human trafficking in their supply chains, under new measures to be included in the Modern Slavery Bill.
Asian fashion and lifestyle company LF Corp has selected Dassault Systèmes’ 'My Collection for Fashion' 3D software solution to streamline the planning, designing and sourcing of its collections.
An “excellent start to the year” for LVMH’s fashion and leather goods division helped the group post an increase in revenue and profit in its first-half.
Children's wear company Carter's has upped its full-year guidance as it revealed higher earnings and sales in its second-quarter.
Delta Galil Industries has revealed mixed results in its second-quarter as earnings fell but sales grew, with the lingerie, sleepwear and sock manufacturer reaffirming its full-year guidance.
US apparel and footwear groups are urging Congress to include a House trade remedy provision in the upcoming Customs Bill to combat the evasion of anti-dumping, and have suggested a number of provisions for the final bill.
US retail group The TJX Companies has signed an agreement to purchase Australian off-price fashion retailer Trade Secret.
G-Star RAW thrives on innovative design, new wash and dye techniques, and sustainability - weaving these into its products and processes for the last 26 years. And for global brand manager Remco de Nijs, the edgy label's DNA continues to push the boundaries of denim.
French luxury goods group Kering has recorded sales growth for the Gucci brand for the first time in two years, but saw second-quarter earnings slide.
US retail giant Wal-Mart has pledged to reduce greenhouse gases across its operations as part of a White House US business climate change commitment.
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020