just-style authors and correspondents
Ngo Tuan is the investment consultant for US-based Vietnomics LLC at its representative office in Hanoi, which acts as a bridge between US and Vietnamese investors. In addition, he is executive contributor at Vietnam's Premium Gold Magazine, the country's first and leading luxury magazine that takes a monthly look at luxury life and industry. For this magazine, he is in charge of content for columns on luxury air travel, yachting, club and membership as well as luxury real estate.
As well as contributing to just-style, Ngo Tuan has written for a range of textile and clothing publications, covering the textile, garment and footwear industry in Vietnam and elsewhere in the South East Asian region.
He has a well-established network of contacts at textile and garment enterprises in Vietnam, especially the Vietnam National Textile and Apparel Group (Vinatex), the leading and biggest textile and garment body in the country.
Articles by Ngo Tuan
Slumping shipments to most major markets weighed on garment exports from Thailand in the first quarter of the year, underscoring the damage caused by ongoing political unrest in the country.
Taiwan's Tai Yuen Textile is to begin construction on a high-tech $150m plant in Dong Van II industrial zone, in the north Vietnamese province of Ha Nam.
Vietnam's textile and clothing exports jumped 21.9% year-on-year in the first quarter of 2014 to reach $4.53bn, according to the country's General Statistics Office.
Leading Chinese textile manufacturer Jiangsu Yulun Textile group has been granted an investment license to set up a facility in Nam Dinh province in the north of Vietnam.
Two investment licenses have been granted by the Ho Chi Minh city Export Processing and Industrial Zones Authority that will lead to the construction of two apparel complexes worth nearly $200m.
Vietnam's leading shoe maker Thai Binh Shoes (TBS Group) has started construction of a VND1.2 trillion (US$57m) footwear plant in the north of the country.
Textile and garments already lead exports from Vietnam to South Korea in 2013 - as it emerged this week that the two countries are working to finalise a free trade agreement later this year.
Taiwan's An Shen Company is teaming up with Vietnam's Tien Hung Company to invest in a $40m leather footwear plant in the southern province of Dong Thap.
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) plans to start construction of a new VND2.2 trillion (US$104m) vertical textile and garment complex at the end of the first quarter of 2014.
Thailand's garment exports have fallen 4.1% in the first nine months of this year, according to the latest figures from the Thai Garment Manufacturers Association (TGMA).
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies