just-style authors and correspondents
Ngo Tuan is the investment consultant for US-based Vietnomics LLC at its representative office in Hanoi, which acts as a bridge between US and Vietnamese investors. In addition, he is executive contributor at Vietnam's Premium Gold Magazine, the country's first and leading luxury magazine that takes a monthly look at luxury life and industry. For this magazine, he is in charge of content for columns on luxury air travel, yachting, club and membership as well as luxury real estate.
As well as contributing to just-style, Ngo Tuan has written for a range of textile and clothing publications, covering the textile, garment and footwear industry in Vietnam and elsewhere in the South East Asian region.
He has a well-established network of contacts at textile and garment enterprises in Vietnam, especially the Vietnam National Textile and Apparel Group (Vinatex), the leading and biggest textile and garment body in the country.
Articles by Ngo Tuan
Leading Chinese textile manufacturer Jiangsu Yulun Textile group has been granted an investment license to set up a facility in Nam Dinh province in the north of Vietnam.
Two investment licenses have been granted by the Ho Chi Minh city Export Processing and Industrial Zones Authority that will lead to the construction of two apparel complexes worth nearly $200m.
Vietnam's leading shoe maker Thai Binh Shoes (TBS Group) has started construction of a VND1.2 trillion (US$57m) footwear plant in the north of the country.
Textile and garments already lead exports from Vietnam to South Korea in 2013 - as it emerged this week that the two countries are working to finalise a free trade agreement later this year.
Taiwan's An Shen Company is teaming up with Vietnam's Tien Hung Company to invest in a $40m leather footwear plant in the southern province of Dong Thap.
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) plans to start construction of a new VND2.2 trillion (US$104m) vertical textile and garment complex at the end of the first quarter of 2014.
Thailand's garment exports have fallen 4.1% in the first nine months of this year, according to the latest figures from the Thai Garment Manufacturers Association (TGMA).
Leading Vietnamese textile and garment manufacturer Thanh Cong Textile Garment Investment Trading (TCM), has seen its third-quarter profit soar by 948%.
Vietnam's textile and garment exports have surged 18% in the first nine months of the year to reach US$13.2bn, according to figures from the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT).
Vietnam's textile and garment exports have risen by 16.8% in the first half of the year to $7.98bn, fuelled by strong demand in all major markets.
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- PSF 2014: Ten sustainability takeaways
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects