just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Petah Marian
G-Star RAW is taking a unique approach to sustainability, quietly putting organic and recycled cotton, as well as unusual fibres like nettle, at the heart of its denimwear. Global brand director Shubhankar Ray told Petah Marian how the company is helping to create a legion of unknowing ethical consumers, while maintaining its credibility as an edgy denim brand.
Luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton LVMH has agreed to take a minority stake in UK fahion brand JW Anderson.
UK clothing retailers saw sales growth slow during September, according to an index by the Confederation of British Industry (CBI).
H&M Hennes & Mauritz has highlighted how it is working to ensure the health of workers in its supplier factories in Cambodia.
Fashion retailers should re-think their supply chains in response to rapidly changing and often unpredictable consumer behaviour, new research suggests.
Almost a third of the UK's retailers are at risk of insolvency in the next year, according to recent research.
Adidas, the world's second-largest sportswear maker, has lowered its full-year profit expectations on distribution issues in Russia combined with a weak golf market.
A number of the UK's largest retailers including John Lewis, Debenhams and House of Fraser have been accused of fixing the price of sports bras.
The most read stories on just-style this week include a look at the full-year results from department store operator Debenhams, Marks & Spencer's tie up with mobile phone surveying firm Labor Link, and the news that global apparel and textile production rose in the second quarter.
Luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton LVMH has taken a majority stake in British luxury shoe brand Nicholas Kirkwood.
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- How will TPP emerge from fast-track trade bill?
- Adidas pushing self-governance for suppliers
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- US fashion industry applauds trade bills package
- China textile and garment firms eyeing Morocco?
- Under Armour hailed "next global athletic company"
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Orta and Garmon launch denim chemical screening
- Hanesbrands eyes 600 job cuts in restructure