just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Petah Marian
G-Star RAW is taking a unique approach to sustainability, quietly putting organic and recycled cotton, as well as unusual fibres like nettle, at the heart of its denimwear. Global brand director Shubhankar Ray told Petah Marian how the company is helping to create a legion of unknowing ethical consumers, while maintaining its credibility as an edgy denim brand.
Luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton LVMH has agreed to take a minority stake in UK fahion brand JW Anderson.
UK clothing retailers saw sales growth slow during September, according to an index by the Confederation of British Industry (CBI).
H&M Hennes & Mauritz has highlighted how it is working to ensure the health of workers in its supplier factories in Cambodia.
Fashion retailers should re-think their supply chains in response to rapidly changing and often unpredictable consumer behaviour, new research suggests.
Almost a third of the UK's retailers are at risk of insolvency in the next year, according to recent research.
Adidas, the world's second-largest sportswear maker, has lowered its full-year profit expectations on distribution issues in Russia combined with a weak golf market.
A number of the UK's largest retailers including John Lewis, Debenhams and House of Fraser have been accused of fixing the price of sports bras.
The most read stories on just-style this week include a look at the full-year results from department store operator Debenhams, Marks & Spencer's tie up with mobile phone surveying firm Labor Link, and the news that global apparel and textile production rose in the second quarter.
Luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton LVMH has taken a majority stake in British luxury shoe brand Nicholas Kirkwood.
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- PSF 2014: Ten sustainability takeaways
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects