just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Poorna Rodrigo
Ethiopia’s Almeda Textile, which supplies apparel to Sweden’s fast-fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M), is planning to ramp up production to five times its current capacity in the next five to six years at its Adwa factory, the company told just-style.
The president of the American Chamber of Commerce in Bahrain has told just-style he is working closely with the US Congress to secure a Tariff Preference Level (TPL) extension for the Gulf island kingdom this year.
Bangladesh garment manufacturers are pushing for a tax break – urging the government to collect a levy from just 10% of their export profits, instead of their overall profits as is currently the case.
Africa has potential to rival Asia as an apparel sourcing hub, but should learn from Asia’s successes and failures, according to industry experts.
Trade unions and employers in Cambodia's garment sector are denouncing the government's new US$128 minimum monthly wage for the clothing textile and footwear industry.
A Cambodia government-appointed Labour Advisory Committee (LAC) may decide on a new minimum monthly wage for garment sector workers when it meets next week, just-style has been told.
Euratex, the Brussels-based European Apparel and Textile Confederation, has hailed the completion of negotiations for a European Union - Canada Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) - but says it regrets that origin rules have been weakened for 15 clothing products under the deal.
Armenia is trying to increase its share of the garment and textile market locally and internationally, with the Russian government trying to help with a US$1m grant.
Apparel manufacturing is the third-largest reshored sector of all industries in the US, after electronics and computers, just-style has been told.
Cotton of the Carolinas (CotC) - a collaboration of US farmers and manufacturers dedicated to growing, making and selling custom printed T-shirts in North Carolina and South Carolina - is benefiting from demand for locally produced product, its co-founder has told just-style.
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- Exports of lower cotton content denim treble
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects