just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Raghavendra Verma
Indian garment exporters have widely welcomed a series of financial and labour reforms announced by the government last week to generate 10m jobs and boost exports by $30bn over three years.
Branded garments in India are set to become more expensive following a decision by the central government to impose a 2% excise duty on clothing and textile retail items costing more than INR1,000 (US$14.74).
Special trade access to developed countries is always a boon to emerging market suppliers, and the European Union's (EU) GSP+ system is especially sought after and – according to a recent European Commission report – widely utilised.
Environmental authorities in the Indian state of Rajasthan are in the final stages of closing 893 fabric dyeing units in Sanganer, near the state capital Jaipur.
The newly announced textile joint venture between India's Reliance Industries and China's Shandong Ruyi Science & Technology Group could inspire many more such deals, shifting textile and clothing production bases from China to India, experts have told just-style.
A former chief official at the Indian Textiles Ministry has attacked government plans to prolong the life of loss-making state-owned textile mills.
Cotton prices in India have crashed because of higher production and falling export demand, which is benefiting the country's domestic textile industry.
Apparel and textile companies looking keep down costs in fibre and fabric sourcing and production, at the same time as ensuring supplies keep flowing, are turning to a number of different strategies.
Indian apparel exporters have demanded a series of favourable policy decisions from the new Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government while welcoming foreign buyers at the 53rd India International Garment Fair, held in New Delhi this week.
More than 600 dyeing and printing units in the small Indian town of Pali, in Rajasthan state, face closure over water pollution concerns.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack