just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Raghavendra Verma
The newly announced textile joint venture between India's Reliance Industries and China's Shandong Ruyi Science & Technology Group could inspire many more such deals, shifting textile and clothing production bases from China to India, experts have told just-style.
A former chief official at the Indian Textiles Ministry has attacked government plans to prolong the life of loss-making state-owned textile mills.
Cotton prices in India have crashed because of higher production and falling export demand, which is benefiting the country's domestic textile industry.
Apparel and textile companies looking keep down costs in fibre and fabric sourcing and production, at the same time as ensuring supplies keep flowing, are turning to a number of different strategies.
Indian apparel exporters have demanded a series of favourable policy decisions from the new Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government while welcoming foreign buyers at the 53rd India International Garment Fair, held in New Delhi this week.
More than 600 dyeing and printing units in the small Indian town of Pali, in Rajasthan state, face closure over water pollution concerns.
A 15% year-on-year growth in the value of exports of Indian apparel in the financial year ending March 2014 has been helped by diversification into new markets and stricter compliance standards by Indian factories, just-style has been told.
A call by India's textiles minister for a higher rebate on duties paid on garment exports to the European Union (EU) will probably be refused by the country's finance ministry, industry representatives have told just-style.
The temporary restoration of the Incremental Exports Incentivisation Scheme (IEIS) for Indian cotton yarn exporters will make local spinning more viable in 2014, an industry spokesman has said.
India's sales of yarn to China have increased by 75% in last two months, as China becomes uncompetitive in yarn production due to currency appreciation and higher labour costs.
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019