just-style authors and correspondents
A trained newspaper journalist, Richard Woodard spent eight years working for the East Anglian Daily Times, a regional daily newspaper in England.
In September 2000, he joined drinks trade magazine Wine & Spirit International as editor, and was responsible for writing, commissioning and producing a broad range of business-related content relevant to the international drinks industry.
Richard left Wine & Spirit International at the end of 2005 to pursue a freelance career. Since then, he has written news and feature articles regularly for just-style.com, as well as for a variety of drinks magazines and websites, including sister site just-drinks.com.
Articles by Richard Woodard
Footwear companies are facing ever higher levels of compliance challenges thanks to increasing regulation, according to new research.
More than 20 people were arrested at an REI store in the US amid protests at the retailer’s ties with outdoor brand The North Face, which is accused of worker rights violations in Bangladesh.
The Ghanaian government has set up a task force to combat the trade in counterfeit versions of the country’s textile designs.
Cameroon has ratified an economic and trade deal with the European Union giving improved access for its exports to the EU member states.
Software supplier Singletree Technologies has teamed up with Pure PLM to sell and implement its Intellimas software in Australia and New Zealand.
Department store retailer Macy’s has announced a raft of new initiatives designed to boost the company’s sustainability record.
The Cotton Leads responsible growing programme has attracted more than 200 partners across the global cotton supply chain since it was launched in October last year.
Apparel prices in the US grew for a second consecutive month in June, according to new figures.
Yarn business Unifi recorded a 73% surge in full-year net profit, despite reductions to annual revenues, and cuts to fourth quarter earnings and sales.
Footwear business Skechers USA posted more record figures in the second quarter, boosted by a 37% revenue surge and slight margin uplift.
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Li & Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015