just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Sam Webb
Retail giant Carrefour today (30 January) announced Georges Plassat will replace Lars Olofsson as chairman and CEO.
An announcement on the role of CEO at global retail giant Carrefour is looming, according to sources close to just-style's sister site, just-food.
UK supermarket chain Asda will create 5,000 jobs as part of a GBP500m (US$777m) investment in the business this year.
Wal-Mart Stores has started a probe into bribery allegations in its operations outside the US after an internal investigation.
India's ruling Congress Party has today (7 December) confirmed that plans to allow more foreign investment in the country's retail sector have been suspended.
India's government has reportedly put its controversial reform of the country's retail sector on hold.
The Indian prime minister has defended the easing of rules on foreign ownership in the country's retail market, as politicians opposed to the move continue to cripple parliament.
India's cabinet has relaxed rules on foreign direct investment in the country's retail sector. The move was lauded by global retailers but met with opposition from large sections of the parliament, as local operators are feeling threatened by the prospect of foreign companies, which can now own 51% of multi-brand retail stores. In this special quote unquote, just-style outlines the thoughts of those affected by the announcement.
Sainsbury's has launched a GBP1bn (US$1.57bn) sustainability drive that sets out 20 targets for the supermarket giant to achieve by 2020 - including providing new jobs for communities, rewarding staff and reducing its carbon footprint.
US investor Nelson Peltz has backed away from an aggressive takeover of Family Dollar Stores after a deal with the discount retailer.
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- H&M adds transparency to yarn and fabric mills
- Factory strike shows Vietnam worker vulnerability
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Adidas launches "lightest ever" football boot
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing