just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Siddique Islam
The group of 27 North American retailers and brands working to improve safety in Bangladesh has started inspections on more than 400 garment factories used by its members.
The European Union's representative in Bangladesh has expressed dissatisfaction at the country's progress towards improving worker and building safety in the apparel industry.
Among the ongoing challenges facing Bangladesh garment factories when it comes to improving fire and building safety are untrained management, supervisors and workers, and a poor attitude to safety, a new survey has shown.
Bangladesh's ready-made garment exports are continuing to soar, climbing nearly 18% in the first seven months of the current fiscal year according to the latest figures.
Bangladesh has not yet made sufficient progress in improving labour standards to justify a reinstatement of the Generalised System of Preference (GSP) benefits, US senior officials have said.
Bangladesh's apparel trade body has signed a collaboration agreement with Impactt, a London-based leading ethical trading consultancy, to improve productivity in the ready-made garment industry.
Global freight forwarder and logistics services provider Damco is seeking help from the central bank of Bangladesh to resolve payment difficulties around its sea-air shipment business.
Bangladesh's ready-made garment exports are continuing to soar, rising by nearly 20% in the first-half of the current fiscal year despite ongoing political uncertainty, labour unrest and factory safety issues.
Bangladesh's ready-made garment exports are continuing to soar, rising by nearly 21% in the first five months of the current fiscal year despite on-going political unrest centring ahead of next month's parliamentary election.
Chinese company Asia Spinning and Textile Mills Limited is investing $22m in setting up a new spinning and textile facility in north-west Bangladesh.
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- PSF 2014: Ten sustainability takeaways
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy