just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Steve Lamar
The US-Colombia Free Trade Agreement comes into force today (15 May) - but, as in so many cases, the disruptive nature of US trade policies means all is not quite what it seems. Here Steve Lamar, executive vice president of the American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA), cautions the US apparel and footwear industry about the immediate rule changes impacting the supply chain.
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined