just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Steve Lamar
The US-Colombia Free Trade Agreement comes into force today (15 May) - but, as in so many cases, the disruptive nature of US trade policies means all is not quite what it seems. Here Steve Lamar, executive vice president of the American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA), cautions the US apparel and footwear industry about the immediate rule changes impacting the supply chain.
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide