just-style authors and correspondents
Stuart 'emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. He then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-style and other 'just' titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
Loss-making French mail order firm La Redoute is aiming to move out of the red in 2017, according to new owners Nathalie Balla and Eric Courteille.
French mail order firm 3 Suisses is planning to shed almost half its workforce as a result of transforming itself into a 'pure play' online retailer for fashion and homeware goods.
The majority of staff unions at Kering-owned French mail order firm La Redoute signed a redundancy agreement yesterday (24 March) evening.
Unions at French mail order firm La Redoute have refused to sign a redundancy agreement placing the company's future in doubt.
The Paris Appeal Court has temporarily suspended the sale of department store chain Printemps to Qatar-backed Tamburi Investment Partners.
More than 400 Spanish textile and clothing firms went out of business last year with the loss of 7,000 jobs, according to new data.
Negotiations between management and staff at French mail order firm La Redoute over a redundancy programme are set to resume after a five-day blockade of the company's main distribution centre ended yesterday (11 March).
French sportswear retailer Go Sport saw its net losses narrow during 2013 to EUR17.3m (US$23.8m), down from EUR21.9m in the prior year.
French sports goods retailer Oxylane-Decathlon is to change its CEO.
Morocco's textile and clothing exports declined 5.7% year-on-year in 2013 to almost MAD28.5bn (US$3.5bn), according to the country's office for economic affairs.
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco FY results: What the analysts say
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Bangladesh clothing exports to Japan to hit $1bn
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects