just-style authors and correspondents
Stuart 'emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. He then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-style and other 'just' titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
France's biggest fashion retailer Vivarte has sealed a major financial restructuring deal with its creditors, ending six month's of uncertainty over the company's future.
French sportswear retailer Go Sport saw its net losses more than double in the first half of 2014 to EUR19.2m (US$25.8m) from EUR8.6m in the prior year period.
Lingerie elastic producer, Groupe Cheynet, is poised to make significant jobs cuts at its main production plant in Saint-Just-Malmont, near St Etienne.
France's public prosecutor has opened a preliminary inquiry into whether French retail chain Auchan misled consumers on the labour conditions its products - in particular clothing, were manufactured in.
A year after the Rana Plaza disaster in Bangladesh, three human rights groups have filed a lawsuit against French retail chain Auchan - which they claim is the first of its kind in Europe.
Loss-making French mail order firm La Redoute is aiming to move out of the red in 2017, according to new owners Nathalie Balla and Eric Courteille.
French mail order firm 3 Suisses is planning to shed almost half its workforce as a result of transforming itself into a 'pure play' online retailer for fashion and homeware goods.
The majority of staff unions at Kering-owned French mail order firm La Redoute signed a redundancy agreement yesterday (24 March) evening.
Unions at French mail order firm La Redoute have refused to sign a redundancy agreement placing the company's future in doubt.
The Paris Appeal Court has temporarily suspended the sale of department store chain Printemps to Qatar-backed Tamburi Investment Partners.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report