just-style authors and correspondents
Stuart 'emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. He then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-style and other 'just' titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
French sportswear retailer Go Sport saw its net losses more than double in the first half of 2014 to EUR19.2m (US$25.8m) from EUR8.6m in the prior year period.
Lingerie elastic producer, Groupe Cheynet, is poised to make significant jobs cuts at its main production plant in Saint-Just-Malmont, near St Etienne.
France's public prosecutor has opened a preliminary inquiry into whether French retail chain Auchan misled consumers on the labour conditions its products - in particular clothing, were manufactured in.
A year after the Rana Plaza disaster in Bangladesh, three human rights groups have filed a lawsuit against French retail chain Auchan - which they claim is the first of its kind in Europe.
Loss-making French mail order firm La Redoute is aiming to move out of the red in 2017, according to new owners Nathalie Balla and Eric Courteille.
French mail order firm 3 Suisses is planning to shed almost half its workforce as a result of transforming itself into a 'pure play' online retailer for fashion and homeware goods.
The majority of staff unions at Kering-owned French mail order firm La Redoute signed a redundancy agreement yesterday (24 March) evening.
Unions at French mail order firm La Redoute have refused to sign a redundancy agreement placing the company's future in doubt.
The Paris Appeal Court has temporarily suspended the sale of department store chain Printemps to Qatar-backed Tamburi Investment Partners.
More than 400 Spanish textile and clothing firms went out of business last year with the loss of 7,000 jobs, according to new data.
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report