just-style authors and correspondents
Stuart 'emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. He then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-style and other 'just' titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
French investment firm Perceva has confirmed that it has entered into exclusive negotiations with US apparel manufacturer, Fruit of the Loom, for the acquisition of its loss-making European lingerie business,Vanity Fair Brands Europe (VFBE).
France's leading fashion retailer Vivarte is to axe more than 1,600 jobs and close more than 200 stores as part of a major restructuring programme.
The France-led Europe-Vietnam Alliance (EVAlliance), which was set up to strengthen partnerships and collaboration between EU and Far East states in the textile, garment, leather and footwear sectors, will undertake a trade mission to Cambodia in May to foster closer cooperation with local counterparts.
Maus Frères Group (MFG) has appointed Thierry Guibert as the new CEO of Lacoste, succeeding José-Luis Duran, who is stepping down after more than five years at the helm.
Upmarket French lingerie maker Maison Lejaby is to axe one-third of its workforce - around 50-60 workers - blaming the political crisis between Russia and Ukraine for a fall in international sales.
The Europe-Vietnam Alliance (EVAlliance), Garment Manufacturers Association of Cambodia (GMAC) and Cambodian government have signed a draft agreement, aimed at making the country's textile and garment industry more competitive.
French women's shoe maker Samson has been placed under judicial administration, citing significantly weaker demand from Russia, the main outlet of its export trade.
Vivarte chairman and CEO Marc Lelandais has stepped down after failing to reach an agreement with the fashion retailer's new shareholders on its future strategy.
British fashion designer John Galliano has joined Paris-based Maison Martin Margiela as creative director.
France's leading fashion retailer Vivarte is to open nearly 200 stores across Asia within the next four years as part of a new distribution agreement with GRI Retail.
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Under Armour unveils newest retail presence
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015