just-style authors and correspondents
Stuart 'emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. He then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-style and other 'just' titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
British fashion designer John Galliano has joined Paris-based Maison Martin Margiela as creative director.
France's leading fashion retailer Vivarte is to open nearly 200 stores across Asia within the next four years as part of a new distribution agreement with GRI Retail.
France's largest fashion retailer, Vivarte, has tapped Thierry Jaugeas, former head of women's wear chain Camaieu, to head its newly-created clothing division, whose major component is troubled brand La Halle.
Jean-Paul Gaultier is to shutter its ready-to-wear business in a bid to stem the French fashion label's losses, in a decision expected to lead to around 40 job cuts.
Loss-making online fashion retailer La Redoute, now under new ownership, has unveiled plans for a new order processing centre, which it says will be the most innovative in Europe.
France's biggest fashion retailer Vivarte has sealed a major financial restructuring deal with its creditors, ending six month's of uncertainty over the company's future.
French sportswear retailer Go Sport saw its net losses more than double in the first half of 2014 to EUR19.2m (US$25.8m) from EUR8.6m in the prior year period.
Lingerie elastic producer, Groupe Cheynet, is poised to make significant jobs cuts at its main production plant in Saint-Just-Malmont, near St Etienne.
France's public prosecutor has opened a preliminary inquiry into whether French retail chain Auchan misled consumers on the labour conditions its products - in particular clothing, were manufactured in.
A year after the Rana Plaza disaster in Bangladesh, three human rights groups have filed a lawsuit against French retail chain Auchan - which they claim is the first of its kind in Europe.
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Mango continues on global growth trajectory
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre