just-style authors and correspondents
Stuart 'emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. He then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-style and other 'just' titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
Algeria's state-owned apparel manufacturing group, the Groupe Public National de la Confection et de l'Habillement, has inked a deal with Turkish group Taypa to build a US$1.4bn textile and clothing cluster in the North African country, creating up to 25,000 jobs.
Hermès has pledged to take action against suppliers who do not respect animal welfare regulations after an investigation exposed violations at the French luxury group's tanneries.
French luxury goods group Hermès has unveiled plans to increase production at two of its leather goods facilities in response to sales growth in the sector.
French investment firm Perceva has confirmed that it has entered into exclusive negotiations with US apparel manufacturer, Fruit of the Loom, for the acquisition of its loss-making European lingerie business,Vanity Fair Brands Europe (VFBE).
France's leading fashion retailer Vivarte is to axe more than 1,600 jobs and close more than 200 stores as part of a major restructuring programme.
The France-led Europe-Vietnam Alliance (EVAlliance), which was set up to strengthen partnerships and collaboration between EU and Far East states in the textile, garment, leather and footwear sectors, will undertake a trade mission to Cambodia in May to foster closer cooperation with local counterparts.
Maus Frères Group (MFG) has appointed Thierry Guibert as the new CEO of Lacoste, succeeding José-Luis Duran, who is stepping down after more than five years at the helm.
Upmarket French lingerie maker Maison Lejaby is to axe one-third of its workforce - around 50-60 workers - blaming the political crisis between Russia and Ukraine for a fall in international sales.
The Europe-Vietnam Alliance (EVAlliance), Garment Manufacturers Association of Cambodia (GMAC) and Cambodian government have signed a draft agreement, aimed at making the country's textile and garment industry more competitive.
French women's shoe maker Samson has been placed under judicial administration, citing significantly weaker demand from Russia, the main outlet of its export trade.
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015