just-style authors and correspondents
Stuart 'emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. He then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-style and other 'just' titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
Hermès has pledged to take action against suppliers who do not respect animal welfare regulations after an investigation exposed violations at the French luxury group's tanneries.
French luxury goods group Hermès has unveiled plans to increase production at two of its leather goods facilities in response to sales growth in the sector.
French investment firm Perceva has confirmed that it has entered into exclusive negotiations with US apparel manufacturer, Fruit of the Loom, for the acquisition of its loss-making European lingerie business,Vanity Fair Brands Europe (VFBE).
France's leading fashion retailer Vivarte is to axe more than 1,600 jobs and close more than 200 stores as part of a major restructuring programme.
The France-led Europe-Vietnam Alliance (EVAlliance), which was set up to strengthen partnerships and collaboration between EU and Far East states in the textile, garment, leather and footwear sectors, will undertake a trade mission to Cambodia in May to foster closer cooperation with local counterparts.
Maus Frères Group (MFG) has appointed Thierry Guibert as the new CEO of Lacoste, succeeding José-Luis Duran, who is stepping down after more than five years at the helm.
Upmarket French lingerie maker Maison Lejaby is to axe one-third of its workforce - around 50-60 workers - blaming the political crisis between Russia and Ukraine for a fall in international sales.
The Europe-Vietnam Alliance (EVAlliance), Garment Manufacturers Association of Cambodia (GMAC) and Cambodian government have signed a draft agreement, aimed at making the country's textile and garment industry more competitive.
French women's shoe maker Samson has been placed under judicial administration, citing significantly weaker demand from Russia, the main outlet of its export trade.
Vivarte chairman and CEO Marc Lelandais has stepped down after failing to reach an agreement with the fashion retailer's new shareholders on its future strategy.
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019