just-style authors and correspondents
Stuart 'emigrated' from north-east England to France over 20 years ago, setting up initially as a freelancer covering French business developments for the English-language press across a broad range of sectors. He then spent several years with Reuters in Paris, before returning to freelancing. He began working for just-style and other 'just' titles in 2002.
Articles by Stuart Todd
Loss-making online fashion retailer La Redoute, now under new ownership, has unveiled plans for a new order processing centre, which it says will be the most innovative in Europe.
France's biggest fashion retailer Vivarte has sealed a major financial restructuring deal with its creditors, ending six month's of uncertainty over the company's future.
French sportswear retailer Go Sport saw its net losses more than double in the first half of 2014 to EUR19.2m (US$25.8m) from EUR8.6m in the prior year period.
Lingerie elastic producer, Groupe Cheynet, is poised to make significant jobs cuts at its main production plant in Saint-Just-Malmont, near St Etienne.
France's public prosecutor has opened a preliminary inquiry into whether French retail chain Auchan misled consumers on the labour conditions its products - in particular clothing, were manufactured in.
A year after the Rana Plaza disaster in Bangladesh, three human rights groups have filed a lawsuit against French retail chain Auchan - which they claim is the first of its kind in Europe.
Loss-making French mail order firm La Redoute is aiming to move out of the red in 2017, according to new owners Nathalie Balla and Eric Courteille.
French mail order firm 3 Suisses is planning to shed almost half its workforce as a result of transforming itself into a 'pure play' online retailer for fashion and homeware goods.
The majority of staff unions at Kering-owned French mail order firm La Redoute signed a redundancy agreement yesterday (24 March) evening.
Unions at French mail order firm La Redoute have refused to sign a redundancy agreement placing the company's future in doubt.
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details