just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Textiles Intelligence
Moisture management fabric technology has entered a new era as manufacturers and retailers respond to growing demand by consumers for ever greater levels of performance from their garments.
Worldwide output of digitally printed textiles is growing at an annual rate of 25% thanks to its advantages over screen printing, and has scope to grow even further, a new report suggests.
Rising costs in China have forced an increasing number of Western apparel brands and retailers to look at cutting back on sourcing in China, and have more of their apparel manufactured elsewhere, a new report suggests.
China's retail market looks set to soar over the next few years as the government acts to encourage domestic growth to offset a possible slowdown in clothing exports.
Retail demand for clothing in South Africa has expanded significantly since the world recession - but the main beneficiaries have been foreign suppliers rather than the local industry, according to a new report.
Cellulosic fibre production is set for strong and rapid growth in the coming years as uncertainty in the cotton market persists, a new report suggests.
Faced with falling shipments to EU markets in 2012, many of the world's leading clothing exporting countries are looking towards emerging economies instead.
The clothing industry in Bangladesh needs to improve its image in order for the country's long-term prosperity to be guaranteed, a new report suggests.
Textile and clothing exports from member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) declined sharply in 2012, according to a new report.
Vietnam aims to become one of the top five textile and clothing manufacturing and exporting nations by 2020, while simultaneously fostering social improvements and environmental well-being, according to recent research.
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape