just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Textiles Intelligence
Moisture management fabric technology has entered a new era as manufacturers and retailers respond to growing demand by consumers for ever greater levels of performance from their garments.
Worldwide output of digitally printed textiles is growing at an annual rate of 25% thanks to its advantages over screen printing, and has scope to grow even further, a new report suggests.
Rising costs in China have forced an increasing number of Western apparel brands and retailers to look at cutting back on sourcing in China, and have more of their apparel manufactured elsewhere, a new report suggests.
China's retail market looks set to soar over the next few years as the government acts to encourage domestic growth to offset a possible slowdown in clothing exports.
Retail demand for clothing in South Africa has expanded significantly since the world recession - but the main beneficiaries have been foreign suppliers rather than the local industry, according to a new report.
Cellulosic fibre production is set for strong and rapid growth in the coming years as uncertainty in the cotton market persists, a new report suggests.
Faced with falling shipments to EU markets in 2012, many of the world's leading clothing exporting countries are looking towards emerging economies instead.
The clothing industry in Bangladesh needs to improve its image in order for the country's long-term prosperity to be guaranteed, a new report suggests.
Textile and clothing exports from member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) declined sharply in 2012, according to a new report.
Vietnam aims to become one of the top five textile and clothing manufacturing and exporting nations by 2020, while simultaneously fostering social improvements and environmental well-being, according to recent research.
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- US Q2 in brief - Destination Maternity, Sears
- Too Many Standards
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras