just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Vicky Sung
Faced with a fall in exports to the US and EU, Thailand's textile and garment industry has set its sights on becoming a fashion hub for the ASEAN region.
China's rise over the past two decades as the leading location for apparel sourcing has had a knock-on effect on Hong Kong's role in the global garment industry, shifting it from a manufacturer to a servicing and sourcing centre. It will take on even more diverse roles in the future, according to industry executives speaking at recent conferences in Hong Kong. Vicky Sung reports.
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment