just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Vicky Sung
Faced with a fall in exports to the US and EU, Thailand's textile and garment industry has set its sights on becoming a fashion hub for the ASEAN region.
China's rise over the past two decades as the leading location for apparel sourcing has had a knock-on effect on Hong Kong's role in the global garment industry, shifting it from a manufacturer to a servicing and sourcing centre. It will take on even more diverse roles in the future, according to industry executives speaking at recent conferences in Hong Kong. Vicky Sung reports.
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Clarity on competition law and living wages
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Frustrations come to the fore in Bangladesh
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- US trade agenda back on track
- H&M warns of "negative" impact from dollar
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015