just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Vicky Sung
Faced with a fall in exports to the US and EU, Thailand's textile and garment industry has set its sights on becoming a fashion hub for the ASEAN region.
China's rise over the past two decades as the leading location for apparel sourcing has had a knock-on effect on Hong Kong's role in the global garment industry, shifting it from a manufacturer to a servicing and sourcing centre. It will take on even more diverse roles in the future, according to industry executives speaking at recent conferences in Hong Kong. Vicky Sung reports.
- INTERVIEW: Crystal CEO rises to the challenges
- Pacific Crystal Textiles gears up for production
- China consumption growth to bring major change
- Growth in smart garments and wearable technology
- Innovation and e-commerce key to Nike's growth
- Adidas taps Nike designers for new creative studio
- China apparel interns in forced labour conditions
- Addressing anaemia key to Cambodia productivity
- Columbia Sportswear hires global manufacturing VP
- Activists slam dismissals at Sri Lanka shoe firm