Leveraging technology to embrace change in the fashion industry
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is often overlooked by medium sized fashion businesses - those who would benefit from planning the most. Business owners often choose to put off investing in systems that might enhance operations, citing a lack of resources coupled with a belief that spreadsheets ‘will do for now.’ It is true that spreadsheets are a very useful tool to support day-to-day operations, but a single season of significant growth – in theory a great problem to have – could prove crippling for brands if the correct systems aren’t already in place to respond to the pressure.
One solution specific to the fashion and apparel industry is ax|is fashion from K3 Software Solutions.
ax|is fashion is a concept-to-consumer solution that is literally “made to measure, ready to wear”. This flexible and scalable solution, based on Microsoft Dynamics AX, offers fashion and apparel enterprises such as Ted Baker, Charles Tyrwhitt, Seasalt and others, a tailored environment in which to gain insight and control over all processes and channels to market. The customized tools, pre-configured to align to specific fashion tasks and processes, drive agility and productivity. Furthermore, the out-of-the-box fashion functionality means there is no need for extensive back-end configuration, resulting in a shorter implementation cycle and quicker ROI.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective