Leveraging technology to embrace change in the fashion industry
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is often overlooked by medium sized fashion businesses - those who would benefit from planning the most. Business owners often choose to put off investing in systems that might enhance operations, citing a lack of resources coupled with a belief that spreadsheets ‘will do for now.’ It is true that spreadsheets are a very useful tool to support day-to-day operations, but a single season of significant growth – in theory a great problem to have – could prove crippling for brands if the correct systems aren’t already in place to respond to the pressure.
One solution specific to the fashion and apparel industry is ax|is fashion from K3 Software Solutions.
ax|is fashion is a concept-to-consumer solution that is literally “made to measure, ready to wear”. This flexible and scalable solution, based on Microsoft Dynamics AX, offers fashion and apparel enterprises such as Ted Baker, Charles Tyrwhitt, Seasalt and others, a tailored environment in which to gain insight and control over all processes and channels to market. The customized tools, pre-configured to align to specific fashion tasks and processes, drive agility and productivity. Furthermore, the out-of-the-box fashion functionality means there is no need for extensive back-end configuration, resulting in a shorter implementation cycle and quicker ROI.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016