Leveraging technology to embrace change in the fashion industry
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is often overlooked by medium sized fashion businesses - those who would benefit from planning the most. Business owners often choose to put off investing in systems that might enhance operations, citing a lack of resources coupled with a belief that spreadsheets ‘will do for now.’ It is true that spreadsheets are a very useful tool to support day-to-day operations, but a single season of significant growth – in theory a great problem to have – could prove crippling for brands if the correct systems aren’t already in place to respond to the pressure.
One solution specific to the fashion and apparel industry is ax|is fashion from K3 Software Solutions.
ax|is fashion is a concept-to-consumer solution that is literally “made to measure, ready to wear”. This flexible and scalable solution, based on Microsoft Dynamics AX, offers fashion and apparel enterprises such as Ted Baker, Charles Tyrwhitt, Seasalt and others, a tailored environment in which to gain insight and control over all processes and channels to market. The customized tools, pre-configured to align to specific fashion tasks and processes, drive agility and productivity. Furthermore, the out-of-the-box fashion functionality means there is no need for extensive back-end configuration, resulting in a shorter implementation cycle and quicker ROI.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Is China losing its edge as a US apparel supplier?
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report