The Flanarant: Apparel sourcing forecasts miss the point
There are a number of reasons why apparel buyers continue to focus on the top 20 exporting countries, according to Mike Flanagan. With little room left to manoeuvre on price, sourcing decisions depend on a whole range of different parameters - which is why forecasts for new supply bases are usually wide of the mark.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- UK retailers key to domestic manufacturing growth
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- M&S to see "departure" of sourcing chiefs?
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production
- H&M, Inditex and Nike rated supply chain leaders