The Flanarant: Apparel sourcing forecasts miss the point
There are a number of reasons why apparel buyers continue to focus on the top 20 exporting countries, according to Mike Flanagan. With little room left to manoeuvre on price, sourcing decisions depend on a whole range of different parameters - which is why forecasts for new supply bases are usually wide of the mark.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Supply chain weighs on Kering's green footprint
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Software solutions enhance speed and visibility
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- Gap brand sales continue to fall short
- Q1 results in brief: Foot Locker, Hibbett
- Call for probe into Philippines factory fire
- American Eagle Outfitters Q1 earnings soar
- Chico's chief executive Dyer to retire