China expansion not without its challenges
Gap's plans to triple its store network in China next year are hardly surprising given the country's booming consumer market, demand for western brands and, of course, the retailer's own strategic focus on global growth. But it admits the move is not without challenges.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- Is China really going through a slump?
- UK retailers key to domestic manufacturing growth
- M&S to see "departure" of sourcing chiefs?
- Gap to close 75 stores amid "disastrous" Q1
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- H&M criticised for India, Cambodia labour abuses
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production