COMMENT: PLM vs MLM – what’s in a name?
Apparel retailers often put Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) at the centre of their strategies to drive new product and merchandise innovation. But while the term PLM is often used, its remit is rarely understood and is all too often borrowed from other industries. Here, Sue Welch, CEO of TradeStone Software, argues that Merchandise Lifecycle Management (MLM) is better aligned to the needs of retailers of private label and branded goods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth