Improved supply chain capabilities and omni-channel improvements will be a key driver of near-term profits for US retailers, with investment...
The popularity of fast fashion retailers such as Forever 21, H&M and Zara has changed the way consumers shop for value on a global basis. An...
Abercrombie & Fitch separated the roles of chairman and CEO yesterday (28 January), appointing former Sears boss Arthur Martinez as non-exec...
A combination of cold weather, promotions and price cuts saw millions of Americans shop for holiday gifts over the Thanksgiving weekend, kic...
With apparel manufacturing operations bridging the Dominican Republic and neighbouring Haiti, Grupo M's co-production model is an exemplary example of trade preferences in action. Here company founder and president Fernando Capellán tells just-style about the opportunities that lie ahead.
Troubled women's wear retailer Coldwater Creek will be relaunched as an independent company as part of a deal with private equity firm Sycamore Partners, which has acquired the brand and other intellectual property.
Retailer Aeropostale could benefit from better sourcing by tapping into the resources of another investment of private equity firm Sycamore Partners, which has just closed a financing deal with the teen apparel chain.
Teen apparel retailer Aeropostale suffered from weak retail traffic and “significant self-inflicted merchandise misses” in the first quarter, sending losses soaring.
Retailer Aeropostale is aiming to save US$30-35m a year through cost-cutting measures including the closure of 125 stores and 100 further job losses - although analysts are warning the measures might not go far enough.
Hopes of a turnaround at Aeropostale seem to be some way off after the struggling teen apparel retailer said its performance in 2013 was "not acceptable" after it widened its net loss in the fourth-quarter.
Major global brands and retailers that source clothing from Cambodia issued a stark warning last week that ongoing political instability, and alleged human rights violations could hurt future growth, and put the country's status as a strategic sourcing market at risk.
A more sustainable fashion industry requires complete transparency and control over every aspect of production, according to the third biennial Copenhagen Fashion Summit.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change