Asda Group Limited
The pressure for higher wages and better working conditions looks unstoppable – and is being accompanied by a wave of new initiatives aimed...
Sainsbury's this morning (29 January) announced commercial director Mike Coupe will replace Justin King as the supermarket retailer's chief...
UK retailer Sainsbury's this morning (8 January) said it achieved "record" levels of market share for its general merchandise and clothing b...
If the world’s biggest retailer is a reliable barometer of the state of the consumer economy, it may be some time yet before commentators ca...
Among the industry executives who spoke with just-style this year were Tim Wheeler, president of Jockey's international division, Esquel Group's CEO John Cheh, and Joe Dixon, SVP of production at Brooks Brothers.
The UK-based George at Asda clothing brand remains committed to sourcing in Bangladesh, even though at least 112 workers were killed in a factory fire last year while illegally subcontracted to produce clothing for parent company Wal-Mart.
Workers in global supply chains should not be asked to work more than 60 hours per week, according to a revised clause in the labour code drawn up by an alliance of companies that includes Tesco, Asda, M&S, Next, New Look, Primark and Zara.
Charitable foundation BRAC USA has set up a new fund to aid and support workers in the Bangladeshi ready made garment industry.
Clothing retail sales rose again in the year to March, albeit at a slower pace than the month before - but growth next month is expected to rebound strongly, new figures suggest.
Asda, the UK supermarket arm of Wal-Mart, has confirmed it will be cutting head office jobs as part of a cost cutting drive.
The clothing sector has bounced back from a disappointing start to the year to contribute to the strongest overall UK retail growth since the summer of 2012, according to new figures released today (25 February).
With the likes of Kim Kardashian and Lucy Mecklenburgh sharing their gym habits via workout selfies, it's hard not to think about getting into shape this new year, and what to wear when working out.
The safety of Bangladesh's textile and garment industry has been called into question again after at least seven people were killed last week in a fire at a fabric mill. More than 50 people were also injured in the blaze at Aswad Composite Mills Limited, part of the Palmal Group.
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy