Better Cotton Initiative
With traceability playing a key role in addressing the rising importance of social compliance, it might be time to review your traceability...
A fire that broke out at a factory in Bangladesh last month, and the impending third year anniversary of Rana Plaza, serves as a reminder th...
The Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) says demand for more sustainable cotton is on the rise, with Swedish retailer H&M and sportswear giants Adidas and Nike leading the field in its 'Better Cotton league'.
Nordic value fashion retailer KappAhl is preparing to launch a sustainable denim collection next year, produced using Better Cotton.
Brazil's cotton industry is looking to invest in advanced technology that offers both social and environmental benefits to growing the crop, as the country maintained its position as the largest source of Better Cotton globally last year.
Around 200,000 Pakistani cotton farmers are set to benefit from a global cotton industry partnership that will train them on issues such as sustainability in farming and child labour thanks to funding from brands such as H&M and Levi Strauss & Co.
US specialty fashion giant Gap Inc has signed up to the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) as part of its commitment to help improve cotton farming practices globally.
The organic cotton market is continuing its upward trajectory, while leading apparel brands and retailers are carefully balancing their use of a range of preferred fibres and materials in order to achieve the best sustainability results, according to two new reports.
The Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) says it is achieving scale in an exceptionally short time, after growing its membership by 50% last year and generating a 34.35% rise in income.
The Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) has promoted Lena Staafgard to the newly-created role of chief operating officer to oversee the global operational effectiveness of the organisation, including its supply programme.
Israeli cotton farmers have signed up to the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) in a move that will see them benefit from agronomic knowledge and experience in areas such as water management as well as develop a country specific Better Cotton Standard.
German sporting giant Adidas sourced 43% of its cotton as Better Cotton in 2015, beating its original target for the year and marking a new company record.
The Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) reached its target of 700 members in 2015, with the recruitment rate continuing at an average of 20 new companies each month.
The Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) has partnered with a number of global apparel brands, including Levi Strauss and Adidas, to launch a global investment vehicle to support Better Cotton projects around the world.
The Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) has added garment manufacturers to its traceability system in the final step of its efforts to drive increased visibility in sourcing cotton.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing