Sri Lankan clothing producer Timex is expanding its own brands in Asia and Europe as part of plans to move into higher margin areas to offset rising costs in its domestic manufacturing operations.
Value fashion chain New Look is living proof that an economic downturn can bring opportunity to some retailers. New Look chairman Phil Wrigley discusses how the current climate has impacted business, from retail sales through to the supply chain, in part one of this exclusive interview with just-style news editor Joe Ayling.
Fashion retail group Arcadia has been urged to sign the accord on fire and safety in Bangladesh, following the recent garment factory tragedies in the country.
Fashion retail group Arcadia is reportedly planning to open its first Topshop stores in Germany.
Gieves & Hawkes has revealed a series of management appointments in a bid to drive growth at the London-based tailor.
Arcadia owner Sir Philip Green is reportedly ramping up the retailer's use of British manufacturers.
Top stories on just-style this week include the Olympic Games failing to boost August retail sales in the UK, a look at just-style's latest management briefing on RFID technology and H&M calls for higher wages for garment workers in Bangladesh.
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey