Will "strong man" politicians kick-start the sluggish garment industries in India and Pakistan? asks Mike Flanagan. Evidence so far, he sugg...
The Rana Plaza factory disaster has proved to be a catalyst for change in Bangladesh. While there has been criticism of the speed of the fac...
It's one thing for apparel brands and retailers to talk about sustainability and traceability across their supply chains, but another altoge...
As the focus in Bangladesh shifts to compensation payments for the victims and survivors of recent garment factory tragedies, an intriguing...
Discount retailer Lidl has pledged to eliminate all hazardous chemicals from its textile production by 1 January, 2020 - a move that has been welcomed by environmental pressure group Greenpeace.
Improved performance in Western Europe has helped the global retail industry to record steady growth of 5.3% in 2014, according to new market research.
The committee set up to pay compensation to the victims of the Rana Plaza factory collapse aims to distribute US$2m to around 3,600 workers and families before the one-year anniversary of the tragedy on 24 April.
Compensation payments to victims of the Rana Plaza factory collapse are due to start next month - but campaigners admit funds still fall far short of the $40m needed to make payments to all workers.
Carrefour, the world's second-largest retailer, today (5 March) reported higher 2013 profits as investment helped boost sales in France - with the company pledging to up capital expenditure this year.
The safety of Bangladesh's textile and garment industry has been called into question again after at least seven people were killed last week in a fire at a fabric mill. More than 50 people were also injured in the blaze at Aswad Composite Mills Limited, part of the Palmal Group.
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Vietnam factories face fire safety challenge
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Investigation uncovers China's dog leather trade
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Wage theft of migrants in Thai apparel industry