Early Black Friday promotions, falling fuel prices, and labour market improvements all helped the majority of US apparel retailers to record...
October proved to be another mixed bag for US apparel retailers. While the majority reported comparable store sales gains thanks to an impro...
As back-to-school shopping tailed off in the first part of September, so too did sales for many US apparel retailers. Negative surprises fro...
Against an improving economic backdrop and a highly promotional retail environment, back-to-school shopping helped to push comparable store...
US retailer Cato Corporation has revealed third-quarter earnings and sales that exceeded the firm's guidance.
Cato Corporation has recorded an increase in second-quarter earnings and reaffirmed its EPS guidance for the full year.
Cato Corporation has booked a mixed set of first-quarter results with earnings down but sales ahead of the company's expectations.
A highly promotional holiday sales season and poor weather conditions weighed on Cato Corporation's earnings in the fourth quarter.
The committee set up to pay compensation to the victims of the Rana Plaza factory collapse aims to distribute US$2m to around 3,600 workers and families before the one-year anniversary of the tragedy on 24 April.
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Vietnam factories face fire safety challenge
- Wage theft of migrants in Thai apparel industry
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Investigation uncovers China's dog leather trade
- Nike shares slide on future orders in Q2
- Philippines added to European Union GSP+ scheme