Chico's FAS Inc
US women's wear retailer Chico's has has booked a drop in third-quarter earnings but remains optimistic progress is being made on its initiatives.
The launch of a strategic study into issues related to a planned Asia-Pacific free trade area was one of the measures announced at this week’s Summit of Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC).
US retailer Chico's has adopted Tyco's RFID-based Inventory Intelligence to help boost inventory accuracy and visibility challenges in 13 Soma Intimates pilot stores.
Easy comparisons with last year, when consumer confidence and spending were hurt by uncertainty leading up to the US government shutdown, is one of a number of factors that could could bolster third-quarter results for US apparel retailers.
Retailer Chico’s 31% reduction in second quarter net profit met with a mixed reception from analysts in the US, with margin pressures expected to continue into the third quarter.
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Vietnam factories face fire safety challenge
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Wage theft of migrants in Thai apparel industry
- Investigation uncovers China's dog leather trade
- Vietnam “promise” for Italy textile machinery