Columbia Sportswear Company
Stung by unseasonably cold spring weather that blanketed many parts of the US just as they were rolling out their spring merchandise, retail...
The apparel industry is edging closer to an eco-index that will allow companies to assess the environmental impacts of individual products a...
Transparency and integrity are two words that crop up repeatedly in conversation with William E. (Chip) Connor, chairman and CEO of Hong Kong based global sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. Indeed, these have been cornerstones of the business since it was founded 65 years ago, and continue to underpin every aspect of an operation set up to act as its clients' alter-ego.
There's plenty of talk about the uphill battle confronting apparel supply chains in the face of cautious consumer spending and the pressure on margins from rising raw material, labour and transportation costs. What's needed are constructive ways to counter these pressures. Kurt Cavano, CEO of the TradeCard supply chain platform, believes technology has a key role to play.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include plans by China's Jiangsu Lianfa Textile Co to invest US$500m in an Ethiopian textile plant, the views of Li & Fung's chairman on China's efforts to grow its domestic consumption, and first results from a study into health and productivity of Cambodian garment workers.
Outdoor brand Columbia Sportswear has introduced a 'performance enhanced down' system that combines two of its existing technologies and creates such outsized results it's like a "down jacket on steroids."
Outdoor apparel and footwear specialist Columbia Sportswear Company has tapped former VF Corp executive Steve Woodside to the newly-created position of vice president of global manufacturing.
Outdoor apparel and footwear specialist Columbia Sportswear has narrowed its net losses in the second quarter, despite incurring costs from its acquisition of prAna.
Columbia Sportswear Company has agreed to pay a US$100,800 penalty after it admitted distributing mislabelled clothing containing insect repellent.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam