Columbia Sportswear Company
There's plenty of talk about the uphill battle confronting apparel supply chains in the face of cautious consumer spending and the pressure on margins from rising raw material, labour and transportation costs. What's needed are constructive ways to counter these pressures. Kurt Cavano, CEO of the TradeCard supply chain platform, believes technology has a key role to play.
US clothing and footwear business Wolverine Worldwide has confirmed the departure of its global apparel president Mark Sandquist earlier this year.
Columbia Sportswear recorded a 7.1% reduction in fourth quarter profit, with a small gain wiped out by a $5.6m non-cash asset impairment charge.
Labour rights groups and trade unions are calling on global clothing brands to support a rise in the minimum wage for Cambodian garment workers, and to look at the long-term implications of their purchasing practices.
In the run-up to the end of a two-week garment worker strike in Cambodia this week, a group of leading apparel brands joined together to call for "peaceful negotiations".
Outdoor apparel and footwear specialist Columbia Sportswear Company has begun its new joint venture with Swire Resources, which is designed to act as a springboard for growth in the Chinese market.
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Tesco FY results: What the analysts say
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Bangladesh clothing exports to Japan to hit $1bn
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects