Luxury French fashion house Chanel is to buy one of its suppliers, Scottish cashmere specialist Barrie Knitwear, in a deal announced today (16 October).
Administrators of cashmere and knitwear business Dawson International have admitted that the sales process is taking longer than expected and revealed it is in advanced talks with one party.
Struggling cashmere and knitwear specialist Dawson International Plc has finally called in the administrators after failing to resolve its pension problems, in a move that puts the jobs of around 180 staff at risk.
Shares in struggling cashmere and knitwear business Dawson International have been suspended as the company considers going into administration over its huge pension deficit.
Struggling cashmere and knitwear specialist Dawson International Plc has warned it may have to appoint administrators after proposals to put its pension plans into a protection fund were rejected.
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- China's apparel sector ponders sustainability
- US textile and apparel trade and sourcing snapshot
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Long-term partnerships key to Adidas sourcing mode
- US trade snapshot shows apparel and footwear shift
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises