Luxury French fashion house Chanel is to buy one of its suppliers, Scottish cashmere specialist Barrie Knitwear, in a deal announced today (16 October).
Administrators of cashmere and knitwear business Dawson International have admitted that the sales process is taking longer than expected and revealed it is in advanced talks with one party.
Struggling cashmere and knitwear specialist Dawson International Plc has finally called in the administrators after failing to resolve its pension problems, in a move that puts the jobs of around 180 staff at risk.
Shares in struggling cashmere and knitwear business Dawson International have been suspended as the company considers going into administration over its huge pension deficit.
Struggling cashmere and knitwear specialist Dawson International Plc has warned it may have to appoint administrators after proposals to put its pension plans into a protection fund were rejected.
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration