Luxury French fashion house Chanel is to buy one of its suppliers, Scottish cashmere specialist Barrie Knitwear, in a deal announced today (16 October).
Administrators of cashmere and knitwear business Dawson International have admitted that the sales process is taking longer than expected and revealed it is in advanced talks with one party.
Struggling cashmere and knitwear specialist Dawson International Plc has finally called in the administrators after failing to resolve its pension problems, in a move that puts the jobs of around 180 staff at risk.
Shares in struggling cashmere and knitwear business Dawson International have been suspended as the company considers going into administration over its huge pension deficit.
Struggling cashmere and knitwear specialist Dawson International Plc has warned it may have to appoint administrators after proposals to put its pension plans into a protection fund were rejected.
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Tesco update: What the analysts say
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Apparel is third-largest re-shored US sector
- Trial cotton subsidy scheme underway in China
- China dye-maker to shut after desert pollution
- Bangladesh urged to tackle ongoing safety issues
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report