Luxury French fashion house Chanel is to buy one of its suppliers, Scottish cashmere specialist Barrie Knitwear, in a deal announced today (16 October).
Administrators of cashmere and knitwear business Dawson International have admitted that the sales process is taking longer than expected and revealed it is in advanced talks with one party.
Struggling cashmere and knitwear specialist Dawson International Plc has finally called in the administrators after failing to resolve its pension problems, in a move that puts the jobs of around 180 staff at risk.
Shares in struggling cashmere and knitwear business Dawson International have been suspended as the company considers going into administration over its huge pension deficit.
Struggling cashmere and knitwear specialist Dawson International Plc has warned it may have to appoint administrators after proposals to put its pension plans into a protection fund were rejected.
- Crystal Group eyes “mega-capacity” in Vietnam
- Sourcing in Africa: An alternative to Asia?
- Sourcing in Africa: Foreign investment flows in
- Capacity building key to Myanmar momentum
- Apparel buyers point to potential in Africa
- SOURCING: Global sourcing snapshots launch
- VF Corp lifts outlook despite Q1 profit fall
- TPP “will benefit” apparel and discount retailers
- Living wages briefing urges strategic approach
- Garment group reiterates labour rights commitment