Luxury French fashion house Chanel is to buy one of its suppliers, Scottish cashmere specialist Barrie Knitwear, in a deal announced today (16 October).
Administrators of cashmere and knitwear business Dawson International have admitted that the sales process is taking longer than expected and revealed it is in advanced talks with one party.
Struggling cashmere and knitwear specialist Dawson International Plc has finally called in the administrators after failing to resolve its pension problems, in a move that puts the jobs of around 180 staff at risk.
Shares in struggling cashmere and knitwear business Dawson International have been suspended as the company considers going into administration over its huge pension deficit.
Struggling cashmere and knitwear specialist Dawson International Plc has warned it may have to appoint administrators after proposals to put its pension plans into a protection fund were rejected.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam