Luxury French fashion house Chanel is to buy one of its suppliers, Scottish cashmere specialist Barrie Knitwear, in a deal announced today (16 October).
Administrators of cashmere and knitwear business Dawson International have admitted that the sales process is taking longer than expected and revealed it is in advanced talks with one party.
Struggling cashmere and knitwear specialist Dawson International Plc has finally called in the administrators after failing to resolve its pension problems, in a move that puts the jobs of around 180 staff at risk.
Shares in struggling cashmere and knitwear business Dawson International have been suspended as the company considers going into administration over its huge pension deficit.
Struggling cashmere and knitwear specialist Dawson International Plc has warned it may have to appoint administrators after proposals to put its pension plans into a protection fund were rejected.
Global apparel markets: business update, 4th quarter 2012
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Innovation and supply chain remain key for Nike
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields