Differential Brands Group
In the most recent fourth-quarter filings from US apparel and footwear brands and retailers, Destination XL moved to a profit but booked lower sales, while Caleres moved to a loss in the quarter. VF Corporation, meanwhile, revealed a fall in both sales and earnings for the quarter, while Stein Mart moved to a loss as a result of "aggressive" promotions.
In the most recent third-quarter filings from US apparel and footwear brands and retailers, Sears Holdings remained optimistic despite widening its net losses, while Vince Holding blamed challenging conditions and warm weather for a fall in both earnings and sales. Abercrombie & Fitch, meanwhile, revealed a "disastrous" quarter as sales fell and earnings plummeted 80%, while American Eagle Outfitters booked record sales and its 9th consecutive quarter of profit improvement.
Differential Brands Group has named former Nordstrom executive Tom Nevell as executive vice president of business development, overseeing the company's Robert Graham, Hudson and Swims brands.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing