Digital technology is the fastest growing method of printing textiles, according to a report in the latest issue of Textile Outlook International. Between 2000 and 2005 digitally printed textile output rose by 300% to 70m square metres.
Swedish fashion chain Lindex has revealed almost all of its denim range is now dyed using what it claims is the "cleanest" indigo dye on the market, as part of its bid for cleaner denim production.
Singapore-based dye manufacturer DyStar Group has completed its acquisition of three speciality chemical units from US-based Emerald Performance Materials in a deal that will expand the firm's American business platform.
Dystar Group is on track to achieving its 2020 energy consumption target the Singapore dye manufacturer revealed in its latest sustainability report, the first to be aligned with the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) G4 reporting guidelines.
Singapore-based dye manufacturer DyStar Group is setting up a global innovation centre at its Nanjing Colours production site in China to develop new environmentally-friendly dyes and chemicals.
Singapore-based dye manufacturer DyStar Group is expanding its Cadira programme with the launch of a new development in polyester dyeing designed to reduce water, waste and energy consumption.
Frankfurt-based Dystar Textilfarben GmbH, which supplies dyestuffs and auxiliaries to the textile and leather industries, has filed for insolvency of its operations in Germany.
Specialty chemicals maker Clariant is splitting its textile, leather and paper businesses by the end of this year, in a move that could lead to a sale of one or all of the units.
Textile dyes and auxiliaries supplier DyStar has bought a majority stake in the Indian textile testing institute Texanlab.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts