Fast Retailing Co Ltd
Premium Supima cotton, musician Pharrell Williams and New York's Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) are spearheading the drive by Japan's Fast Reta...
North America may no longer take centre stage in the global apparel market, but the recession has by no means sounded the region's curtain c...
Fast Retailing, owner of the Uniqlo casual clothing chain, thinks big, talks big and has big ambitions - and analysts believe the company do...
In the wake of the massive earthquake, tsunami and nuclear power plant explosions which have devastated many areas in the north of Japan, fi...
Luen Thai Holdings is Hong Kong's largest listed garment firm, with 34,000 employees, revenues of around US$1bn and a flagship business that produces over 80m garments a year - as well as footwear and bags - from production bases in China, the Philippines, Indonesia, India, Bangladesh and Cambodia. In the first of two articles based on a conversation with just-style managing editor Leonie Barrie at the recent Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong, CEO Henry Tan calls for industry-wide collaboration in a bid to increase efficiency and offset rising costs in the apparel supply chain.
Fast Retailing Co today (14 December) opens its first Uniqlo brand casualwear store in France, making this the fifth overseas market for the firm following the UK, China, South Korea and the US. The Japanese company’s creative team talks to Michael Fitzpatrick about their mission to build a new urban cool image for its global flagships.
Fast Retailing, owner of the Uniqlo casual clothing chain, has cut its full-year earnings and sales forecast on the back of weaker demand in its home market.
Casual clothing brand Uniqlo saw sales at its Japanese stores climb in March, after warmer weather during the middle of the month kick started sales of spring garments.
Former True Religion executive Lynne Koplin has been appointed president of Fast Retailing-owned J Brand, just-style understands.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include reports of a drop in UK clothing sales last month, an insight into Uniqlo's multi-pronged attack on the US market, and a new Calvin Klein licensing deal in India agreed between PVH Corp and Arvind.
TPG Capital, part-owner of J Crew has declined to comment on reports Japanese retail group Fast Retailing has walked out on talks to acquire the US apparel and accessories retailer.
just-style turned the spotlight on Ethiopia last week, marking the release of a new research report looking at the country's emerging apparel and textile industry with additional insights into its rising potential for sourcing garments.
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy