Fruit of the Loom
A review of the work carried out so far by the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety says the group has made "significant and laudable progr...
The group of North American brands and retailers - including Wal-Mart Stores, Gap Inc and VF Corporation - working to improve safety in Bang...
Retailers and brands are increasingly engineering their operations to make the most of changing trends affecting everything from sourcing to...
Harry Debes’ first year as CEO of Lawson Software was dominated by the company’s merger with Intentia International, in early 2006. Now, 15 months after the deal’s completion, he tells just-style how the firm is leveraging its strength in the fashion sector with some exciting new ERP software developments, to help companies reduce lead times and improve delivery performance.
Fruit of the Loom has agreed a deal with Parkdale America that will see it sell its US yarn spinning operations to the company which will then provide new state-of-the-art cotton and cotton blended yarns for its underwear and casualwear products.
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety has extended compensation for garment factory workers displaced due to factory remediation from two months' up to four months' wages.
Apparel manufacturer Fruit of the Loom is investing in doubling the size of its Berkeley County distribution centre, as the company continues its efforts to align its global supply chain.
The first round of inspection reports released by the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety show that "dozens of deficiencies" have been identified in every garment factory. And the group now has just six weeks to release data on the remaining 600 factories supplying its member companies.
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety says it has so far sought the immediate suspension of production in five factories following concerns about the safety of the buildings where they are located.
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Lululemon confident of turning an important corner
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- Bangladesh falls deeper as US apparel imports grow
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie