Gianni Versace SpA
The latest reports from just-style's research store include an in-depth look at specialist apparel and footwear retailers in Mexico, hosiery in France, and a profile of fashion giant H&M in the UK.
Private equity firm Blackstone Capital has taken a 20% stake in Italian fashion house Versace in a deal valuing the company at EUR1bn (US$823.31m).
Among the most-read stories on just-style this week were claims that hazardous chemicals have been found in luxury children's clothing and footwear, calls by Cambodian labour unions for a mid-March strike, and a comment on new initiatives aimed at making it easier for factories to compete while improving wages and working conditions.
Hazardous chemicals have been found in children's clothing and footwear produced by luxury fashion brands Versace, Louis Vuitton and Dolce & Gabbana, according to a new investigation.
Three private equity firms are understood to be vying for a minority stake in Italian fashion house Versace.
As safety inspections on more than 1,500 Bangladeshi garment factories supplying a group of mainly European retailers got underway last week, just-style spoke with Brad Loewen, the top safety official overseeing the effort.
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Li & Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report