Gianni Versace SpA
The latest reports from just-style's research store include an in-depth look at specialist apparel and footwear retailers in Mexico, hosiery in France, and a profile of fashion giant H&M in the UK.
Private equity firm Blackstone Capital has taken a 20% stake in Italian fashion house Versace in a deal valuing the company at EUR1bn (US$823.31m).
Among the most-read stories on just-style this week were claims that hazardous chemicals have been found in luxury children's clothing and footwear, calls by Cambodian labour unions for a mid-March strike, and a comment on new initiatives aimed at making it easier for factories to compete while improving wages and working conditions.
Hazardous chemicals have been found in children's clothing and footwear produced by luxury fashion brands Versace, Louis Vuitton and Dolce & Gabbana, according to a new investigation.
Three private equity firms are understood to be vying for a minority stake in Italian fashion house Versace.
As safety inspections on more than 1,500 Bangladeshi garment factories supplying a group of mainly European retailers got underway last week, just-style spoke with Brad Loewen, the top safety official overseeing the effort.
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- H&M to work with ILO on sustainable supply chains
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Clothing Manufacturers (Global) - Industry Report