Gianni Versace SpA
Six of Italy's largest textile suppliers have reaffirmed their commitment to eliminating hazardous chemicals from their supply chains, highlighting the work they have completed to date.
The latest reports from just-style's research store include an in-depth look at specialist apparel and footwear retailers in Mexico, hosiery in France, and a profile of fashion giant H&M in the UK.
Private equity firm Blackstone Capital has taken a 20% stake in Italian fashion house Versace in a deal valuing the company at EUR1bn (US$823.31m).
Among the most-read stories on just-style this week were claims that hazardous chemicals have been found in luxury children's clothing and footwear, calls by Cambodian labour unions for a mid-March strike, and a comment on new initiatives aimed at making it easier for factories to compete while improving wages and working conditions.
Hazardous chemicals have been found in children's clothing and footwear produced by luxury fashion brands Versace, Louis Vuitton and Dolce & Gabbana, according to a new investigation.
As safety inspections on more than 1,500 Bangladeshi garment factories supplying a group of mainly European retailers got underway last week, just-style spoke with Brad Loewen, the top safety official overseeing the effort.
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Italy
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profi...
Global Childrens and Infant Wear Market 2014-2018
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
Global Children's Wear Market 2014-2018
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Abercrombie & Fitch reports “dismal” FY
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019