Private equity buyers have this week agreed to buy US apparel retailer J Crew, with the leadership skills of Millard 'Mickey' Drexler a majo...
This week it emerged that private equity firm Bain Capital has agreed to buy US children's wear retailer Gymboree in a deal worth US$1.8bn....
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has appointed Craig Nomura as its new president of retail to support growth.
Tax impacts and acquisition adjustments pushed The Gymboree Corporation to a net loss in the third quarter, while sales declined.
A fire that gutted two buildings at one of the largest garment manufacturers in Bangladesh has been blamed on an arson attack - with apparel makers urging the government to catch the culprits within a week.
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing has appointed Nancy Pedot as chief executive of the company's Comptoir des Cotonniers and Princesse tam.tam brands, and group executive officer.
Higher sales and improved margins helped children's apparel retailer the Gymboree Corporation to narrower losses during the second quarter.
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Banana Republic taps former J Crew designer
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects