Private equity buyers have this week agreed to buy US apparel retailer J Crew, with the leadership skills of Millard 'Mickey' Drexler a majo...
This week it emerged that private equity firm Bain Capital has agreed to buy US children's wear retailer Gymboree in a deal worth US$1.8bn....
US children's apparel retailer The Gymboree Corporation has said it plans to open 50 new stores in fiscal 2014, despite posting a wider year-on-year first-quarter loss.
Retailer The Gymboree Corporation posted a fourth quarter net loss of nearly US$170m, with revenues, comparable store sales and gross profit margins all down.
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has appointed Craig Nomura as its new president of retail to support growth.
Tax impacts and acquisition adjustments pushed The Gymboree Corporation to a net loss in the third quarter, while sales declined.
A fire that gutted two buildings at one of the largest garment manufacturers in Bangladesh has been blamed on an arson attack - with apparel makers urging the government to catch the culprits within a week.
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Macy’s increases sustainability efforts
- Wal-Mart replaces US division chief
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges