Private equity buyers have this week agreed to buy US apparel retailer J Crew, with the leadership skills of Millard 'Mickey' Drexler a majo...
This week it emerged that private equity firm Bain Capital has agreed to buy US children's wear retailer Gymboree in a deal worth US$1.8bn....
US children's apparel retailer The Gymboree Corporation has said it plans to open 50 new stores in fiscal 2014, despite posting a wider year-on-year first-quarter loss.
Retailer The Gymboree Corporation posted a fourth quarter net loss of nearly US$170m, with revenues, comparable store sales and gross profit margins all down.
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has appointed Craig Nomura as its new president of retail to support growth.
Tax impacts and acquisition adjustments pushed The Gymboree Corporation to a net loss in the third quarter, while sales declined.
A fire that gutted two buildings at one of the largest garment manufacturers in Bangladesh has been blamed on an arson attack - with apparel makers urging the government to catch the culprits within a week.
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Mothercare pursues "aggressive" plan of recovery
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- Hampshire and Levi Strauss in global sourcing deal