House of Fraser
Over the past five years Egypt has cemented its position as a fashion hub for European and American high street brands, with average annual...
Buoyant first-half sales posted last week by department store retailer Debenhams were helped by the return of the re-launched Principles lab...
Sri Lankan clothing producer Timex is expanding its own brands in Asia and Europe as part of plans to move into higher margin areas to offset rising costs in its domestic manufacturing operations.
Animal rights group PETA is calling on UK department store retailer Harvey Nichols to renew its fur ban, after uncovering “tremendous suffering” in the industry’s Origin Assured scheme.
Department store operator House of Fraser recorded increases to earnings and sales in the first half of its fiscal year, with evidence of growing momentum in the first two months of the third quarter.
Textile and consumer product testing laboratory High Street Textile Testing Services (HSTTS) has been acquired by Modern Testing Services (MTS) in a move that helps expand its global reach.
The sale of UK department store retailer House of Fraser to the Shanghai-listed retail arm of Chinese conglomerate Sanpower Group for GBP480m (US$791.9m) has been completed.
Higher online sales and increased demand for its own brands helped UK department store retailer House of Fraser to book a 2% rise in first-quarter like-for-like sales.
2014 has got off to a troubled start in Cambodia, where protests over a new minimum wage for garment workers have been turning increasingly violent.
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- US apparel prices continue to fall