US fibre maker Invista and Austrian cellulosic fibre producer Lenzing Group have collaborated for a second time on a denim project.
Israel-based nylon producer Nilit has acquired Invista's Americana, Brazil manufacturing site - adding its nylon 6.6 operations to the company's existing facilities in the US, China and Israel.
Fibre maker Invista has teamed up with Garmon Chemicals and fabric producer Candiani Denim to develop a range of jeans using low impact finishing treatments specifically designed for elastomeric fabrics.
Burlington, a division of International Textile Group, has introduced a collection of season-less performance merino fabrics designed for outdoor apparel.
Invista has settled a lawsuit in China related to the alleged theft and infringement by a local engineer of trade secrets related to its purified terephthalic acid (PTA) technology.
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Low cotton prices lead to government intervention