JC Penney Company Inc
The group of North American brands and retailers - including Wal-Mart Stores, Gap Inc and VF Corporation - working to improve safety in Bang...
The second half of fiscal 2014 will be the real test for JC Penney, analysts believe, despite the US department store retailer hailing its f...
The Rana Plaza factory disaster has proved to be a catalyst for change in Bangladesh. While there has been criticism of the speed of the fac...
Ailing US department store retailer JC Penney has set out its strategy for the final phase of its turnaround, which will include the discont...
Hong Kong based Crystal Group is one of Asia's largest apparel manufacturers, producing more than 230m garments a year for customers including Victoria's Secret, Levi's, A&F, H&M, M&S, Uniqlo, JC Penney and Gap. Here CEO Andrew Lo talks to just-style about supply chain consolidation, productivity, setting up offshore factories, and why big is better when it comes to building a competitive edge.
Faced with what he describes as a "never-ending battle" against rising costs, Ranjan Mahtani, the CEO of Hong Kong based apparel supplier Epic Group, is in fighting mood. But what is also clear is his concern that the apparel industry's current preoccupation with price leaves it in danger of failing to see an even bigger and more worrying issue: the lack of new supply countries coming through.
Bangladesh's ready-made garment exports are continuing to soar, rising by nearly 14% in the just-finished fiscal year as political stability returns to the South Asian country.
An innovative new pocketing fabric has been developed using Lenzing's Tencel fibre, which is said to take pocketing and waistbanding "to a new era with softness, strength and sustainability."
The deal by Men's Wearhouse to acquire US men's apparel and footwear business Jos A Bank Clothiers has been given the green light by The Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
US department store retailer JC Penney has hailed its first quarterly rise in total sales since May 2011, despite seeing its overall losses widen slightly during the first three months of the year.
The committee set up to pay compensation to the victims of the Rana Plaza factory collapse aims to distribute US$2m to around 3,600 workers and families before the one-year anniversary of the tragedy on 24 April.
The last few years have brought significant changes to the apparel sourcing landscape in Asia. The era of Chinese low-cost apparel manufacturing is a trend from the past, and several countries have stepped up to claim their part of the manufacturing pie. Apparel industry analysts say that although China's dominance continues, a clear segmentation is now taking place in Asia.
just-style's annual briefing on apparel industry issues to watch in the year ahead has gathered feedback from leading executives on the challenges and opportunities likely to emerge in 2014. Their insight provides a fascinating overview of the state of the sector today.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies