JD Sports Fashion Plc
UK retailers are hoping the London 2012 Olympics will contribute to a multi-million pound boost in sales. But will sportswear retailers be t...
It only takes a look back in time to see why JJB Sports is keen to discuss a takeover offer from rival JD Sports Fashion, after what has bee...
After seeing a substantial increase in sports retail profits over the last year, JD Sports now has the opportunity to push ahead with developing its concept in Europe, analysts have said.
JD Sports Fashion saw its share price climb over 4% in early trading as the UK retailer revealed a "record" set of first-half results that beat market expectations.
JD Sports Fashion majority shareholder Pentland Brands posted an improved full-year profit as revenues rose 10% in the 12 months to 31 December.
UK retailer JD Sports Fashion forecasts a "satisfactory" increase in first-half profit, after like-for-like sales were boosted by the build-up to the World Cup football tournament.
JD Sports Fashion's longstanding chief executive officer, Barry Bown, has stepped down after 30 years with the UK retailer, including 14 at the helm.
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Cambodia employers and unions unhappy at wage rise
- Uzbekistan forces more adults into cotton harvest
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Coats launches new services business in Vietnam
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP