John Lewis Partnership
The idea of bringing mass-market garment production back to the UK is finally gaining momentum among manufacturers and retailers. But accord...
Associated British Foods (ABF), the parent of value retailer Primark, today (28 February) indicated that trading at the fashion chain had be...
Buoyant first-half sales posted last week by department store retailer Debenhams were helped by the return of the re-launched Principles lab...
For all of the hype around a renaissance in British clothing and textile manufacturing, John Miln, CEO of the UK Fashion and Textile Association (UKFT), believes that for now at least, it's mostly just talk. He spoke to Petah Marian about the state of UK manufacturing and some of the initiatives being undertaken by the industry body to grow the sector.
Jo Hooper, the head of buying for womenswear at department store retailer John Lewis is stepping down after six years in the role.
The British Retail Consortium (BRC) has appointed Sir Charlie Mayfield as chair of the trade association from this autumn.
UK department store operator John Lewis has recorded an increase in full-year profit, driven by strong online growth and innovation.
The UK Government is to more than double its investment in emerging frontier economies, joining forces with leading retailers to improve conditions for garment factory and farm workers.
UK-based retail giant Arcadia Group has joined a number of other firms in banning the use on angora across its brands, which include Miss Selfridge, Topshop, BHS, Dorothy Perkins and Wallis.
Cyber Monday - the Monday after Thanksgiving in the US when shoppers hit the internet to search for the best deals and discounts - has crossed the Atlantic to the UK.
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- PSF 2014: Ten sustainability takeaways
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy