John Lewis Partnership
With World Water Week kicking off in Stockholm this Sunday (31 August), the need for better use of increasingly limited water resources will...
UK textile and apparel executives met in London last week to discuss the challenges and opportunities suppliers and retailers face by manufa...
The Mauritian textile and apparel industry has overtaken sugar to become the country's largest export, with a turnover of around US$885m in...
The idea of bringing mass-market garment production back to the UK is finally gaining momentum among manufacturers and retailers. But accord...
The arrival of new chief executive Peter Ruis at UK fashion retailer Jigsaw has seen the group shift to a more fashion-led focus. Eight months into the role, he talks to just-style about the group's sourcing ambitions, its focus on innovation, and Jigsaw's international expansion plans.
For all of the hype around a renaissance in British clothing and textile manufacturing, John Miln, CEO of the UK Fashion and Textile Association (UKFT), believes that for now at least, it's mostly just talk. He spoke to Petah Marian about the state of UK manufacturing and some of the initiatives being undertaken by the industry body to grow the sector.
British women's wear retailer Hobbs has tapped John Lewis' Meg Lustman as its new chief executive officer, following the resignation of Nicky Dulieu earlier this year.
Online retailer Shop Direct, operator of the Very and Littlewoods brands, has tapped Gap's European buying director Zoe Matthews as its first fashion director.
UK department store retailer John Lewis has confirmed the promotion of Ed Connolly as buying director for fashion, replacing Meg Lustman.
As part of efforts to restore fashion skills and manufacturing, fit specialist Alvanon has committed over GBP50,000 (US$83,860) worth of technical fit forms and pattern blocks to a garment manufacturer and training centre in the UK.
'Function meets fashion' footwear brand FitFlop has selected Fast React's Vision solution for new product development to help improve its business processes and on-time delivery.
Department store retailer John Lewis has retained the number one spot as the UK's best retailer for customer satisfaction at the Verdict Customer Satisfaction Awards.
Cyber Monday - the Monday after Thanksgiving in the US when shoppers hit the internet to search for the best deals and discounts - has crossed the Atlantic to the UK.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report