John Lewis Partnership
Ahead of Scotland's crucial referendum vote taking place tomorrow (18 September), retailers have weighed into the debate about the long-term...
With World Water Week kicking off in Stockholm this Sunday (31 August), the need for better use of increasingly limited water resources will...
UK textile and apparel executives met in London last week to discuss the challenges and opportunities suppliers and retailers face by manufa...
The Mauritian textile and apparel industry has overtaken sugar to become the country's largest export, with a turnover of around US$885m in...
The arrival of new chief executive Peter Ruis at UK fashion retailer Jigsaw has seen the group shift to a more fashion-led focus. Eight months into the role, he talks to just-style about the group's sourcing ambitions, its focus on innovation, and Jigsaw's international expansion plans.
For all of the hype around a renaissance in British clothing and textile manufacturing, John Miln, CEO of the UK Fashion and Textile Association (UKFT), believes that for now at least, it's mostly just talk. He spoke to Petah Marian about the state of UK manufacturing and some of the initiatives being undertaken by the industry body to grow the sector.
In a recent survey of 6,000 consumers by retail analysts Conlumino, Sainsbury's topped the poll as the nation's favourite fashion retailer. We take a look at some of the other shops who came out on top.
UK retail business The John Lewis Partnership recorded a double-digit first-half profit increase thanks to rising revenues, with online clothing sales a highlight.
British women's wear retailer Hobbs has tapped John Lewis' Meg Lustman as its new chief executive officer, following the resignation of Nicky Dulieu earlier this year.
Online retailer Shop Direct, operator of the Very and Littlewoods brands, has tapped Gap's European buying director Zoe Matthews as its first fashion director.
UK department store retailer John Lewis has confirmed the promotion of Ed Connolly as buying director for fashion, replacing Meg Lustman.
Department store retailer John Lewis has retained the number one spot as the UK's best retailer for customer satisfaction at the Verdict Customer Satisfaction Awards.
Cyber Monday - the Monday after Thanksgiving in the US when shoppers hit the internet to search for the best deals and discounts - has crossed the Atlantic to the UK.
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Tesco update: What the analysts say
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Apparel is third-largest re-shored US sector
- Trial cotton subsidy scheme underway in China
- Fashion brands support Cambodia wage rise
- China dye-maker to shut after desert pollution
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report