Where once retailers invested in e-commerce as an extension of their physical stores, an acceleration in shopping online means they are now...
Hot topics under discussion at the annual meeting of the rebranded United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) included major trade n...
Already one of the largest garment makers in Bangladesh, Epic Group is embarking on an expansion drive that will see it double its productio...
It is almost two years to the day since 29 people perished in a fire at a garment factory in Bangladesh - and it would appear that little ha...
Faced with what he describes as a "never-ending battle" against rising costs, Ranjan Mahtani, the CEO of Hong Kong based apparel supplier Epic Group, is in fighting mood. But what is also clear is his concern that the apparel industry's current preoccupation with price leaves it in danger of failing to see an even bigger and more worrying issue: the lack of new supply countries coming through.
As retailers across Europe and the US brace for more months of falling sales and thousands of factories in the east are forced to close, one company director is eyeing opportunities from the global recession fallout. Bruce Rockowitz, president of Li & Fung Trading, tells just-style how the world’s largest sourcing group is tapping into demand for lower prices.
US department store retailer Kohl's has booked a slight increase in second-quarter profit, driven by lower costs, but analysts suggest its lack of guidance "creates suspense."
Bangladesh's woven garment exports fell by 4.14% in July amid a slowdown in shipments of apparel to markets such as the US following ongoing factory safety issues.
Bangladesh's ready-made garment exports are continuing to soar, rising by nearly 14% in the just-finished fiscal year as political stability returns to the South Asian country.
An innovative new pocketing fabric has been developed using Lenzing's Tencel fibre, which is said to take pocketing and waistbanding "to a new era with softness, strength and sustainability."
The deal by Men's Wearhouse to acquire US men's apparel and footwear business Jos A Bank Clothiers has been given the green light by The Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey