Hot topics under discussion at the annual meeting of the rebranded United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) included major trade n...
Already one of the largest garment makers in Bangladesh, Epic Group is embarking on an expansion drive that will see it double its productio...
It is almost two years to the day since 29 people perished in a fire at a garment factory in Bangladesh - and it would appear that little ha...
US retailers are pulling out all the stops to lure shoppers in-store and online this weekend, kicking off the holiday shopping season by ope...
Faced with what he describes as a "never-ending battle" against rising costs, Ranjan Mahtani, the CEO of Hong Kong based apparel supplier Epic Group, is in fighting mood. But what is also clear is his concern that the apparel industry's current preoccupation with price leaves it in danger of failing to see an even bigger and more worrying issue: the lack of new supply countries coming through.
As retailers across Europe and the US brace for more months of falling sales and thousands of factories in the east are forced to close, one company director is eyeing opportunities from the global recession fallout. Bruce Rockowitz, president of Li & Fung Trading, tells just-style how the world’s largest sourcing group is tapping into demand for lower prices.
US apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch has appointed Kohl's EVP of finance, Joanne Crevoiserat, as its CEO.
Elie Tahari is set to be the fifth designer to team up with US department store retailer Kohl's Corporation on its DesigNation limited-edition collection.
The resignation of Donald Brennan, chief merchandising officer at Kohl's Corp, is seen by analysts as underscoring the shifting strategy currently underway at the department store operator.
US department store operator Kohl's has recorded a drop in fourth-quarter earnings on the back of costs related to its e-commerce business.
Garment workers in Bangladesh not only lack basic knowledge on fire and building safety but also feel fire drills and safety training take too much time and increase pressure on them to reach production targets, a survey has found.
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- US retailers' March 2014 sales roundup
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects