Among the industry executives who spoke with just-style this year were Tim Wheeler, president of Jockey's international division, Esquel Group's CEO John Cheh, and Joe Dixon, SVP of production at Brooks Brothers.
Andy Dunkley, the CEO of Lee Cooper has set some ambitious targets for the licensed denim brand, with plans for it to double its revenue to US$1bn over the next five years. Dunkley told Petah Marian about the Lee Cooper "family" and its plans at the company's recent licensee conference.
Indian retail giant Future Group has formed an alliance with global online behemoth Amazon India in a bid to extend the reach of its apparel line in the country.
The committee set up to pay compensation to the victims of the Rana Plaza factory collapse aims to distribute US$2m to around 3,600 workers and families before the one-year anniversary of the tragedy on 24 April.
Compensation payments to victims of the Rana Plaza factory collapse are due to start next month - but campaigners admit funds still fall far short of the $40m needed to make payments to all workers.
British denim brand Lee Cooper is to continue its expansion in South America by launching in Colombia, as part of an agreement with manufacturer Schontal CI Limitada.
Iconix Brand Group has acquired the remaining 50% of its Latin America business from joint venture partner New Brands Group for US$42m.
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment