Among the industry executives who spoke with just-style this year were Tim Wheeler, president of Jockey's international division, Esquel Group's CEO John Cheh, and Joe Dixon, SVP of production at Brooks Brothers.
Andy Dunkley, the CEO of Lee Cooper has set some ambitious targets for the licensed denim brand, with plans for it to double its revenue to US$1bn over the next five years. Dunkley told Petah Marian about the Lee Cooper "family" and its plans at the company's recent licensee conference.
The committee set up to pay compensation to the victims of the Rana Plaza factory collapse aims to distribute US$2m to around 3,600 workers and families before the one-year anniversary of the tragedy on 24 April.
Compensation payments to victims of the Rana Plaza factory collapse are due to start next month - but campaigners admit funds still fall far short of the $40m needed to make payments to all workers.
British denim brand Lee Cooper is to continue its expansion in South America by launching in Colombia, as part of an agreement with manufacturer Schontal CI Limitada.
Iconix Brand Group has acquired the remaining 50% of its Latin America business from joint venture partner New Brands Group for US$42m.
Global unions and labour rights groups are calling for more brands to commit to the Rana Plaza compensation fund as the one year anniversary of the industrial disaster approaches.
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Banana Republic taps former J Crew designer
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects