US apparel retailers recorded mixed comparable store sales in March, but overall managed to beat very modest expectations resulting from the...
US apparel retailers reported mixed comparable store sales in February, with some severely impacted by adverse weather conditions but others...
Winter storms played havoc with US apparel retailers in January, forcing many shoppers to stay at home. But while some consumers were physic...
December proved to be a challenging month for US apparel retailers, with the most promotional retailing environment in five years, a shorten...
Luen Thai Holdings is Hong Kong's largest listed garment firm, with 34,000 employees, revenues of around US$1bn and a flagship business that produces over 80m garments a year - as well as footwear and bags - from production bases in China, the Philippines, Indonesia, India, Bangladesh and Cambodia. In the first of two articles based on a conversation with just-style managing editor Leonie Barrie at the recent Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong, CEO Henry Tan calls for industry-wide collaboration in a bid to increase efficiency and offset rising costs in the apparel supply chain.
US lingerie giant Victoria’s Secret says that despite rising production costs and worldwide competition from countries like China and Vietnam, it plans to source even more from Sri Lanka over the coming years. On a visit to the island earlier this week, two of the company’s top executives tell Dilshani Samaraweera why Sri Lankan lingerie is such a hit.
L Brands, formerly known as Limited Brands, has booked a mixed fourth-quarter with an increase in earnings but a drop in revenues.
Retailer Limited Brands, operator of the Victoria's Secret, Pink, Bath and La Senza stores, has lifted its full-year earnings guidance after booking a 25.3% jump in third-quarter profit.
Three new signatories and two new associate members have joined the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) programme.
Former Coach president and chief operating officer Jerry Stritzke has been named chief executive officer of outdoor gear and apparel retailer REI (Recreational Equipment Inc).
US retailer Limited Brands (now known as L Brands) has raised its full year earnings guidance after it recorded a 24.5% increase in second quarter profit.
Winter storms played havoc with US apparel retailers in January. While some consumers were forced to stay at home, others simply lost the will, with holiday shopping fatigue, static wages, and a lack of inspiring new ranges all hitting comparable store sales.
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Banana Republic taps former J Crew designer
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects