In 2011, Greenpeace published its Dirty Laundry report, which found toxic chemicals in waste water discharges from two textile processing fa...
Improved weather coupled with a slew of promotions helped to drive traffic and sales gains for US apparel retailers in May - with analysts e...
Warmer weather combined with a late Easter, aggressive promotions, and improving employment prospects helped unleash pent-up demand in April...
US apparel retailers recorded mixed comparable store sales in March, but overall managed to beat very modest expectations resulting from the...
Luen Thai Holdings is Hong Kong's largest listed garment firm, with 34,000 employees, revenues of around US$1bn and a flagship business that produces over 80m garments a year - as well as footwear and bags - from production bases in China, the Philippines, Indonesia, India, Bangladesh and Cambodia. In the first of two articles based on a conversation with just-style managing editor Leonie Barrie at the recent Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong, CEO Henry Tan calls for industry-wide collaboration in a bid to increase efficiency and offset rising costs in the apparel supply chain.
US lingerie giant Victoria’s Secret says that despite rising production costs and worldwide competition from countries like China and Vietnam, it plans to source even more from Sri Lanka over the coming years. On a visit to the island earlier this week, two of the company’s top executives tell Dilshani Samaraweera why Sri Lankan lingerie is such a hit.
L Brands, formerly Limited Brands, has reported second-quarter earnings above analyst consensus and a 6% increase in revenues.
US clothing giant Kellwood Company has appointed industry veteran Marc Babins as president of its western region, with responsibility for the group's global supply chain.
A buy-out of troubled US apparel retailer Express Inc by Sycamore Partners looks likely, analysts believe, after the private equity firm last week acquired a 10% stake and said it wants to craft a formal proposal to acquire the rest of the company.
Retailer Aeropostale could benefit from better sourcing by tapping into the resources of another investment of private equity firm Sycamore Partners, which has just closed a financing deal with the teen apparel chain.
L Brands, formerly Limited Brands, has lowered the top end of its full-year earnings guidance, despite booking a increase in first-quarter net profit.
Winter storms played havoc with US apparel retailers in January. While some consumers were forced to stay at home, others simply lost the will, with holiday shopping fatigue, static wages, and a lack of inspiring new ranges all hitting comparable store sales.
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Who has signed up to the Greenpeace Detox Campaign
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey