LVMH Moet Hennessy LV
Economists predict that India's growth will outpace China by 2014. But has the apparel industry invested enough in innovation to keep up wit...
The nuts and bolts of Richemont's acquisition of fast-growing fashion retail website Net-a-Porter are easy enough to understand - but the ra...
The Chinese economic landscape has lost some of its lustre in recent months, as consumer confidence wanes on worries about household finances, employment and prices. At the same time, the country's luxury consumers are becoming increasingly sophisticated - which means brands such as Gieves & Hawkes are having to justify their prices with a strong story about their provenance. Petah Marian reports.
French luxury goods giant LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton posted flat first-half earnings for its fashion and leather goods division, despite "strong creative momentum" at its Louis Vuitton brand.
The global luxury goods sector remains resilient, despite a tougher consumer market, with French luxury goods giant LVMH topping the list of the largest companies in the sector.
The fashion and leather goods business of French luxury goods giant LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton performed better than analyst expectations in the first quarter as sales climbed.
SMCP Group, which operates the French fashion brands Sandro, Maje and Claudie Pierlot, has appointed former Ralph Lauren international head Daniel Lalonde as CEO.
UK luxury fashion company Mulberry Group has appointed Steven Newey to the newly-created role of group commercial director.
Luxury goods powerhouse LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton and Kering, owner of upmarket brands Gucci, Bottega Veneta and Yves Saint Laurent, both reported accelerated sales growth last week, thanks to higher demand in Europe and Asia.
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Bangladesh workers in constructive employer talks
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Joint programme to promote compliance in Pakistan
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- China - ISA Country Report