LVMH Moet Hennessy LV
Economists predict that India's growth will outpace China by 2014. But has the apparel industry invested enough in innovation to keep up wit...
The nuts and bolts of Richemont's acquisition of fast-growing fashion retail website Net-a-Porter are easy enough to understand - but the ra...
The Chinese economic landscape has lost some of its lustre in recent months, as consumer confidence wanes on worries about household finances, employment and prices. At the same time, the country's luxury consumers are becoming increasingly sophisticated - which means brands such as Gieves & Hawkes are having to justify their prices with a strong story about their provenance. Petah Marian reports.
The fashion and leather goods business of French luxury goods giant LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton performed better than analyst expectations in the first quarter as sales climbed.
SMCP Group, which operates the French fashion brands Sandro, Maje and Claudie Pierlot, has appointed former Ralph Lauren international head Daniel Lalonde as CEO.
UK luxury fashion company Mulberry Group has appointed Steven Newey to the newly-created role of group commercial director.
Luxury company LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton is setting up a joint venture with Marco De Vincenzo to help the Italian designer develop his own fashion house.
Ralph Lauren Corporation is ramping up the global growth and expansion of its luxury business under the guidance of Valérie Hermann, the former CEO of Reed Krakoff.
Luxury goods powerhouse LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton and Kering, owner of upmarket brands Gucci, Bottega Veneta and Yves Saint Laurent, both reported accelerated sales growth last week, thanks to higher demand in Europe and Asia.
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy