The group of North American brands and retailers - including Wal-Mart Stores, Gap Inc and VF Corporation - working to improve safety in Bang...
A combination of cold weather, promotions and price cuts saw millions of Americans shop for holiday gifts over the Thanksgiving weekend, kic...
It's not so long ago that teens were something of a sweet spot on the retail landscape, buoyed by a core customer who seemed immune to the r...
Hot topics under discussion at the annual meeting of the rebranded United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA) included major trade n...
China-based shirt manufacturer and yarn supplier Luthai Textile Co has its sights firmly set on growing its global business. Earlier this month, as the company revealed plans to open an office in New York, Michelle Russell talked to Luthai general manager Liu Zibin about the rationale behind the move.
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety has extended compensation for garment factory workers displaced due to factory remediation from two months' up to four months' wages.
The deal by Men's Wearhouse to acquire US men's apparel and footwear business Jos A Bank Clothiers has been given the green light by The Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
The first round of inspection reports released by the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety show that "dozens of deficiencies" have been identified in every garment factory. And the group now has just six weeks to release data on the remaining 600 factories supplying its member companies.
Macy's delivered solid results in a challenging retail environment, an analyst has said, despite the US department store retailer booking a drop in first-quarter sales and narrowing margins.
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety says it has so far sought the immediate suspension of production in five factories following concerns about the safety of the buildings where they are located.
What a difference two years makes. In the past couple of weeks major US retailers including Walmart, Target, Macy's and Nordstrom have all lowered their forecasts for the rest of the year citing sluggish sales, cautious consumers and general economic uncertainty. But for specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc it's a different story.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change