Marks & Spencer Group Plc
In 2011, Greenpeace published its Dirty Laundry report, which found toxic chemicals in waste water discharges from two textile processing fa...
As one of Asia's largest garment manufacturers, Hong Kong based Crystal Group believes its size and continuing growth carry additional respo...
More than a year after the Rana Plaza disaster in Bangladesh and the Accord on Fire and Building Safety is calling on retailers and clothing...
Clothing remains one of Tesco's more exportable offers and is likely to remain a central focus for the retail behemoth when incoming CEO Dav...
Transparency and integrity are two words that crop up repeatedly in conversation with William E. (Chip) Connor, chairman and CEO of Hong Kong based global sourcing specialist William E. Connor & Associates Ltd. Indeed, these have been cornerstones of the business since it was founded 65 years ago, and continue to underpin every aspect of an operation set up to act as its clients' alter-ego.
Without knowing the precise history of the products it sells and then being able to verify the claims it makes, Tim Wilson, CEO of Historic Futures, believes the apparel industry will never be able to make a real difference to issues ranging from sustainability to illegal subcontracting. He is now taking the company's String platform back to the drawing board to tackle the issue of total traceability across the clothing supply chain.
Bangladesh's woven garment exports fell by 4.14% in July amid a slowdown in shipments of apparel to markets such as the US following ongoing factory safety issues.
Luxury apparel giant Ralph Lauren Corporation has said becoming a member of one of two groups working to improve safety and working conditions in Bangladesh's textile industry is "not part" of its strategy.
A drop in demand from some of its US customers after abnormal weather in the early part of the year kept shoppers away from stores, has weighed on first-quarter profits at knitted fabric manufacturer Textured Jersey Lanka.
Marks & Spencer senior non-executive director Jan du Plessis has stepped down from the board to take up a position with SABMiller.
Two manufacturing plants in the Brandix Apparel Solutions Lingerie Cluster in Sri Lanka have been awarded the Eco Factory Attributes accolade by retailer Marks & Spencer.
Despite forecasts suggesting US imports would continue to rise in May - in part to offset the threat of possible industrial action and disruption at major West Coast container ports this summer - the latest data in fact shows apparel imports were down year-on-year.
UK retailer Marks & Spencer has described efforts to ensure workers in its garment supplier factories are paid a fair living wage as an "ever-moving feast". But it is making progress, as executives explained during an update to the group's Plan A sustainability initiative last week.
Marks and Spencer Group plc - Strategy and SWOT Report
Marks and Spencer Group plc - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and serv...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Colombia - ISA Country Report