Matalan Retail Limited
The idea of bringing mass-market garment production back to the UK is finally gaining momentum among manufacturers and retailers. But accord...
Is Bangladesh is a place where workers are safe to make clothes sold by Western retailers and brands - and is the lure of low costs a risk w...
Fashion retailers, brands and manufacturers are facing a "moving target" when it comes to garment sizing and fit. A focus on changing consum...
A recent seminar looking at specific challenges facing the children's wear market concluded that weight and waist sizes are a better indicat...
Andy Dunkley, the CEO of Lee Cooper has set some ambitious targets for the licensed denim brand, with plans for it to double its revenue to US$1bn over the next five years. Dunkley told Petah Marian about the Lee Cooper "family" and its plans at the company's recent licensee conference.
UK fashion retailer New Look has tapped former Matalan and Levi Strauss executive Paul Mason as its new non-executive chairman.
The International Labour Organization-backed fund for victims of the Rana Plaza tragedy has distributed BDT108m (US$1.4m) to 700 cases.
Campaigners have renewed their condemnation of cut-price clothing retailer Matalan, claiming that the company has made only a “token” contribution to the Rana Plaza Donors Trust Fund.
Union confederation the TUC is urging the UK government to match-fund corporate donations to the Rana Plaza Donors Trust Fund, and to pressure the Bangladesh government to increase and openly declare its own contribution.
UK apparel retailer Matalan has made a contribution to the Rana Plaza Compensation Trust Fund but insists it has never been ordered by any organisation to pay compensation.
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend